Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What causes a rear wheel to hop instead of slide?

Track surface?

Tire?

Suspension?

All of the above?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Rear wheel hop. (slyde)

Lack of correct clutch usage. Feather the clutch in the turns or buy a slipper clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rear wheel hop. (chriscap)

mine always slides fine and i run no slipper clutch, i would say its cuz i am a Dirttracker and like to throw it sideways with the brakes?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Rear wheel hop. (Stookes24)

Do you really use your rear brake to slide????? Come on Danny, say it isn't so!

You guys coming Sunday?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5

Depends on the slide I am aiming for if I use the rear or not.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Rear wheel hop. (Fish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fish »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That usally happens right before I crash
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I recall, StlWalnut reported some rear wheel hop when he ran over you last year.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Rear wheel hop. (banda)

Oh crap it's getting deep. Fish I think you'll have to bust out one of the Honda this weekend and have a Walnut/Fish rematch.

mgif, you use the rear brake sometimes and then just good old supermoto style the rest of the time? I can't make think at that speed to decide which is best!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9

ya i wasn't joking i use the rear brake alot when going into the corner, its how i get the bike to slide. no i doubt we will make it down there this weekend, we are working on bikes getting ready for nationals, they are next weekend and for a week so everything has to be ready for 5 days of racing and its not at this point! lol

Cya

G

·
Discussion Starter #10

I don't really think about it. Just rip twist and go! right fishy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts