Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 160 rear tire on today, and once I got everything back together I discovered the rear tire is too wide. It rubs against the chain, maybe by 1/4" or so (or a tick less). I know I've seen other bikes where the chain has worn the tire down, but does this cause any damage, or is it "par for the course?"

I planned on riding the bike on Sunday, and (hopefully) my replacement tires would be here on Monday. I'm getting a 150 rear, which I'm thinking will fit OK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Rear tire's too wide (Gerg)

i can only fit a 150 on my KX, and it barely clears. you going out to Stockholm Sunday?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear tire's too wide (cb186)

I don't think so. If I decide to go, it'll probably be to Marshalltown.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I notice on that Husaberg that the tire was rubbing the chain big time. Par for the course?

Another idea would be to take a wood-worker's plane and try to cut the tire down a tad on the rubbing side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wood worker plane idea works well. i took almost 5/16 inch of a bridgestone 012 without getting any cords .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

my 5" rim fits a 160 tire but the chain leaves notches. No biggie tho, I've dished the wheel a little but any more either direstion and it hits something.
Let'r buck man it's fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts