Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wanting to know what size rear tire most people run on their 51,is anyone running a 200 on a stock swingarm and rim,can this even be done? or is anyone running a 180,getting ready to buy a new tire and wanted to find out what is best for the 51,and if a 200 will fit? thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
why do you want a 200??

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I hope you're kidding about the 200.

As per LDH - 180-55 is pretty good for track. I have Mich Power 190-50 now but will go to the new profile 190-55 Power Race - that would be optimum for the RC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i might be wrong but it was explained to me that a 200 is wider than 190,i like the big back tire look ,so i could get a bigger look without spending all the money on a swingarm and rim.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Poser...

The 200 tire only works if you chrome the swingarm and install an irradium windscreen. By the way the colored Tomahawk tires with neon under the tail section will really be a chick magnet......:wacky
-Rocky-

·
Registered
31 Posts
bafflebrain said:
I hope you're kidding about the 200.

As per LDH - 180-55 is pretty good for track. I have Mich Power 190-50 now but will go to the new profile 190-55 Power Race - that would be optimum for the RC.
When is Michelin releasing the Power Race in 190-55?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
AZ-rc4me said:
When is Michelin releasing the Power Race in 190-55?
Apparently they have already. I was at Seattle Raceway last month and Rick from SB Motorsports and Michelin rep said he could get me the new Power Race 190-55 special profile. Its suppose to be the same visible withd as a 180-55 but a tad taller. That would be ideal for an RC. I am going to Seattle this weekend and will let you know if I ended up on a set.

·
Registered
148 Posts
LDH said:
190/50 sucks ass
180/55 much better
190/55 awesome
LDH,

Is the 180/55 that much better compare to the 190/50 for track use???
How would the 180/55 affect handling since it has a higher profile
Specially RCs with raised rear??
I have done a few trackdays with Pilot Power 190/50 and liked the performance but then again I do not have enough experience. I would like to try what would be consider a better tire choice.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
andres said:
LDH,

Is the 180/55 that much better compare to the 190/50 for track use???
How would the 180/55 affect handling since it has a higher profile
Specially RCs with raised rear??
I have done a few trackdays with Pilot Power 190/50 and liked the performance but then again I do not have enough experience. I would like to try what would be consider a better tire choice.
the 180/55 will raise the rear ride height. this gives you better turn-in....

if you've ridden with a 190/50 pilot, go to the 180/55 and you'll not only feel the difference, but you'll never go back.

not sure about Michelin's sizes, but a 190/55 is the best. no giving up tire contact, or ride height.:clapper

·
Trailer park trash
339 Posts
FWIW, I ride street only unfortunately, mostly on boring straight roads, and I went from a flat 190/50 to a 190/55. Holy shit, just don't hurt yourself the first time you go out on it. When I was able to finally get on a nice curvy section of road, the difference was amazing.

I can't even imagine how much of a difference it would make on the track. Makes me feel guilty running a tire this good on the street.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
morc51 said:
i was wanting to know what size rear tire most people run on their 51,is anyone running a 200 on a stock swingarm and rim,can this even be done? or is anyone running a 180,getting ready to buy a new tire and wanted to find out what is best for the 51,and if a 200 will fit? thanks
If you want to run a 200 tire, buy a ZX12R. Other wise keep it at 190 or go 180/55 and ride. Did you buy your RC to ride? Or sit at Starbucks?

BTW- The bike will handle worse w/ a 200 rear (if it fits at all).

·
Registered
23 Posts
dhdrider said:
If you want to run a 200 tire, buy a ZX12R. Other wise keep it at 190 or go 180/55 and ride. Did you buy your RC to ride? Or sit at Starbucks?

BTW- The bike will handle worse w/ a 200 rear (if it fits at all).
unfortunatly the"200" does fit.the reason i know is because when i bought my '01 RC,it had one on and frankly even as my first bike i knew better than keeping it on there.i also own a ZX12 for the long trips and the drag strip.IF we hit the Fort Davis twisties,the RC51 definetly makes those trips!!!!:rockon :rockon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts