Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently running stock set up. what are your suggestions.. thought about going up 2 teeth in the rear.... will i need a new chain if i do so. if so where is the best place to buy for the buck. thanks ... i'm just use to the bike having more grunt. off the line. thanks for all your help, you guys a great help...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: rear sprocket and chain (cintas)

It will help if you tell us what bike you have. I would say buy your stuff from Section8..........but after what poor Nick went through I don't know. Sorry had to say it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: rear sprocket and chain (cintas)

Well, if it's a 748 like mine I went from 14/38 to 14/40 and it really helped wake up the bike. I did it all at once, so I can't isolate what did what, but that sprocket change, a light flywheel and the Marchesinis (duh) really made it into a new bike.
(edit: If the setup is like mine, you will use the same length chain going from the 38 to the 40. Also, I believe that it's best to replace the chain if you change the sprockets).

Anyway, the bike pulls much harder now. If I could do wheelies, the bike would probably comply with ease now. But I can't do wheelies .......

Like Phil said, take a look at Section 8 and they'll take care of you. (right after you open the box and it's actually a 60 tooth rear and you spent all day working in the driveway in 135 deg. heat)

(Now, nick, that's just a joke. Don't worry, this will all be over soon and we'll look back on this and laugh.
)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (cintas)

just like the x48's going up two in the rear will help , already has a 14 in the front
,, and adding a link or two would be in order when doing the change

but if you have the extra $ might as well do the 520 converstion thing

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left the front stock, chain stock and went up 2 teeth in the rear to a 41 on my 749 Dark. The bike pulls much better now, more pleasant to ride on the streets, and I still have good top end.

I may drop a tooth in the front but not just yet, I am happy with the setup for now and am looking at some other "stuff" to do with the bike in the meantime.

Hope that helps.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (cintas)

I purchased a Ducati Performance Ergal (Aluminum) one from my dealer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (KRG)

40 tooth afam p.n. 51612-40 for the stock chain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts