Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these made at work. I didn't want to take the sato hangers off but the wife wanted to ride. So this is what I came up with. What you guys think?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dude I'm no expert but I don't think those Sato exhaust hangers were meant for that. I don't think there strong enough for someone to put there weight on it. Not saying you have a big/big boned/thick wife or anything, I just don't think they will hold up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah My thoughts too??

Yeah I was worried about the weight also. I had her sit on it and put some light weight on them. She is just over 100lbs and I have the bolts over half way through the pegs. Thick 3/8 allen heads too. As for the hangers they are the sato titanium so strength shouldn't be a problem?
I just had to give it a shot. Didn't get a chance to try them out yet. AS some of you guys know I had a battle with leukemia last year. Well I went for my 2nd check up and it's back. I am at UVA medical center again and just finished a week of chemo. Man it realy makes you appriciate those sunny riding days.:D Ride safe guys !:D HOOVY

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
:twocents not safe!!!!!

do not put any weight on those ti hangers. combine that with weight of a passenger and you are almost certain the first ride to break them

nice idea and great work on them but please be careful they were not meant for that application

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey HOOVY<... "AS some of you guys know I had a battle with leukemia last year."
I was NOT one of the guys in the know... and I am sorry about that bro., I had NO Idea you were sick.
Then again, NO one knows about my problems either.;)

GOD be with You HOOVY, as My Prayers will have you and your well being in my thoughts to Him as well!

Your "HIGH Mount Passenger Pegs":> They are Awesome = work and Idea!:clapper

Your wife is very light, however, beings is she'll have her legs folded up so high, there just might be extra pressure on the pegs..Yes/No? UNLESS You tell her: To make sure she is squeezing You with her knees... like how we do<should> the fuel cell..;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, clever idea! I'm no expert, but I think I have the same hangers on mine and I use them as tie downs with no issues. Can't imagine your wife's lightweight legs are putting more pressure on them than my tie downs. Plus a pretty nasty highside that landed on the right side of the bike and muffler did no damage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hurry up and get better. You are in our prayers. Those are beautifully made and the idea is great but please be careful. When you learn and her full weight goes to one peg this could get dangerous. Not just the bracket breaking and her falling but her leg going into the wheel.

I wonder if there is a way to brace them...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All

For the info and prayers:notworthy . I have better solution to the rear hanger problem too. Buy a VFR for 2up riding and keep the RC for solo riding! :rockon

Got to get better and back to work first.

RVT hope yours stays away for good!:clapper
I have to say this board if full of first class people !! :notworthy Found this site last year whille I was in the hospital for treatments and it really kept me going. Found all kinds of goodies and even my bike came from here. Got a great bike from a great member and some great parts too. Getting well and getting back on the RC when I go home for a break keeps my mind off the badstuff. :woot: THANKS ALL HOOVY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts