Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati : Supersport - eBay (item 130466255275 end time Dec-22-10 13:28:36 PST)

No connection to the seller, although Jones Powersports has had this bike for at least 8 years. It was in their display collection. I have seen this bike in person and it is nice. Jones is the only Ducati dealer in MO besides Donelson Cycles in St Louis.

Bidding now is $4500. I wonder what reserve is, $8k maybe?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ducati has put out a lot of R,SPS,SP,S,Corse,"old racer name",ect bikes that have deluded the collector market for them. A handful will stick and become true investments. This might me one of them. What others?

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Never heard of them but will have to check them out next time I go up!
You absolutely should. Combination Triumph, Ducati, and KTM offroad dealer. Beautiful store, very rider friendly, and they are in the same building with the Moto Museum and the Triumph Grill, an upscale motorcycle themed restaurant. People who don't give a damn about bikes love the Triumph Grill, the food is that good.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Ducati has put out a lot of R,SPS,SP,S,Corse,"old racer name",ect bikes that have deluded the collector market for them. A handful will stick and become true investments. This might me one of them. What others?
the1999 996s comes to mind, they made less than 200 of them, mine is #82...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You absolutely should. Combination Triumph, Ducati, and KTM offroad dealer. Beautiful store, very rider friendly, and they are in the same building with the Moto Museum and the Triumph Grill, an upscale motorcycle themed restaurant. People who don't give a damn about bikes love the Triumph Grill, the food is that good.
I went to SLU my first two years of college (90-92). Back then that area was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. You wouldn't walk off campus in the daytime, much less at night. Had a few friends attacked while walking to the grocery store and stuff. Two of our female floormates were swimmers and the guys on the floor would take turns walking them to swim practice at 5:30 am.

Anyway, now it is another life and when we went to see Dora The Explorer Live at the Fox theater this summer with my little girl I was surprised how much nicer it is than I remember. SLU's campus looks dramatically different and the area around it within a few blocks more upscale. Get a half-mile away still however, and it is no-man's land. Definitely not some place I would pick to put a motorcycle dealership, but it must be working for them.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
the dealer I bought my 888 from had a yellow half faired superlight on the showroom floor...I noticed that it had a 5mm allen key wedged in the hollow of the steering stem with a piece of rubber hose. When I asked why it was there, the sales guy said "so you can take off the tailsection to get to the rest of the toolkit"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts