Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i see the words road racing on here i think of bikes racing actually on the
public road
someone please explain why yis call circut or track racing road racing????

road racing here in ireland is an amazing event balls of steel these fellas:notworthy
with roads no wider than a truck

·
Registered
365 Posts
Crazy stuff right there! Who is that in your signature pic vie been trying to find that gif file for years!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Crazy stuff right there! Who is that in your signature pic vie been trying to find that gif file for years!!
You cannot possibly not recognize the black/yellow helmet! ;)

N11, I'd really like to attend one of these races during an upcoming Irish expedition: do you have any website/recommendation?
Thanks!

·
Neuroduc CCS Midwest #322
98 Posts
answer

Hi, Thanks for the great post. I own a few of the Duke videos of the TT races. I respect them for there skill but feel the danger level is more than it should be. Just to answer your question here in the states we refer to it as road racing to distinguish it from dirt track or super cross racing. Referencing the surface not the location. There is no way a " road" race will occur in the states, as no local government would be willing to accept the legal responsibility for it. The lawyers would have an orgasm if a "racer" were to get hurt on a public road. There was almost a "road" race in the eastern part of Canada a year or two ago. They were unable to get it finalized but it would have been great. I would love to visit the isle for a race but the plane fares over the pond are crazy. We (Americans) have been sending a rider or two for a few years. Jeremy Toye is one, I root for him, but he needs more experience and a better ride to really compete. He does fairly well at Macau each year. Feel free to post up any more video as I love that stuff. Thanks again Brad.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
The latest TV coverage has made the *real* road racing cool again... The North West 200 and the Ulster Gp with
their mass starts on fast roads give viewers hard fought battles won by seconds... its the only racing the MotoGp
stars talk how cool it would be to compete like in the old days what the IOM was part of the GP calendar...

My favorite is Joey Dunlop at Ulster Gp... because it was believed
that an old guy on his personal RC45 was not a match for the new kid
David Jefferies on his new Yamaha R1 Motor of Death... he he he...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@ busylittleshop
yes i remember that they kept saying how this new r1 would destroy the rc45
oh how they were wrong yamaha were shocked:D

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
@ busylittleshop
yes i remember that they kept saying how this new r1 would destroy the rc45
oh how they were wrong yamaha were shocked:D
Please don't encourage him! :D
If you listen to the commentator you'll hear him saying clearly it was Dunlop's superhuman skills which won the day, not the bike. ;)

PS: there was also a Honda twin competing, though not an SP.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
RIP Joey and David, "Legends" doesn't do you justice.:notworthy

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There is tons real road racing in the us, they are just not sanctioned events with governing bodies. I have raced for cash for a long time. And I crash less than all of these Rossi wannabe leg humpers. It is what it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts