Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a real racebike, takes a real hardcore racer to tame one of these things.

No traction control, no fly by wire, no secondary throttle bodies. .... no assistance other then YOUR OWN BRAIN

·
2,737 Posts
It's pretty amazing how 'stock' these bikes actually were back then.
I heard a lot of stories from AHM people about these bikes and the tribulations they had to overcome.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
When I visited RSC (HRC) in 81 that was their racer... they gave me these
manuals and wanted to take my order... sorry not for sale...

Inside HRC...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
One of the best looking bikes ever built IMO (although I prefered the graphics on the earlier version). Must have been a handful to tame those babies :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Riders often reported that the handlebars would bend as they tried to muscle these monsters around the track . The Suzuki GS racers of this era produced tremendous power .

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
^ Beat it ?! More like grind it into dust . Those punched-out Honda mills made 140+ HP .

·
Registered
757 Posts
^ Beat it ?! More like grind it into dust . Those punched-out Honda mills made 140+ HP .
Not bad when you start with an 1100 in a 900 chassis. But it's not considered cheating ;)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Not bad when you start with an 1100 in a 900 chassis. But it's not considered cheating ;)
If I remember correctly they were limited to 1025 cc back then. Besides, the 1100cc version, IIRC was not yet out in 81....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts