Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents, been messing around with the RC again and I have it almost complete. ALL EXCEPT FOR THOSE DAMN OIL LINES, cut out the intake in the front, and build a fairing stay. And paint of course. But other than that she is good.

Heres some pics and video. I hope you guys like.

YouTube - RC51 Update

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok well the photos arent working for some reason

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
Where did you get that brake light from?

If its the one I'm thinking it's the same one Taylormade uses for their 1000RR undertail. A buddy and I both had that undertail and that light is bright as shit, No way you can miss it when it comes on.

Bike is looking good :clapper

·
1,061 Posts
Tail looks really nice. Its nice to have some new inspiration. Did you find out were that wire goes?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I dont HATE the tail light but I do hate the "knight rider" movement for the runniong light. As far as your wind screen (shield), are you trying to match a RC51 screen to a 1000rr upper? If so...that's your problem right there.

The tail looks great otherwise but where was the hole for the intake? Maybe it's just early in the game yet but PLEASE be careful and measure a million times before you cut.:twocents

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents, i painted the tail last night.... I dont know if any of you remember my bike back when she was painted up like the "SevenStars" hondas... but thats what im going for again.

I dont remember the name of the site for the tail light. I know I found it on zilla... just not sure where.

I wasnt too fond of the knight rider light either. But it was the only light they had that was functional for what I was looking for. I really like the "strobe" effect when the brake is applied... but I could do without the running light part.

I have not cut the front for the intake out yet. After looking over the mounts I decided to remake them. I was using some flimsy aluminum and i dont think they would have held up over 180mph..... JK! but really, they werent that solid, so I remade them and I am much happier with them now.

I believe the measure a million times and cut once is the only thing keeping me from cutting the intake rightnow. Im waiting until I know the body is 100% and then Ill figure out how I want to cut the intake.

But yeah, Tail, fender, and tank are painted black. Putting together the oil lines, intake cut out and finish painting and she "should" be golden haha.

Oh and the windscreen. I ordered it off eGay for $20 bucks... its a 06-07 1000rr screen. supposedly. it fits fine... minus the front lip hanging over just a bit? I went to the honda shop but they are half retarded and couldnt help at all. They kept telling me im putting the wrong windscreen on my RC hahahaha.... yeah... duh!

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if you guys watched the video.... but in the video I "kinda" stick the windscreen on the bike to show you how the windscreen sticks over on the outside of the bodywork... I looked around and figured out that its because of the center light under the windscreen.... fml... so i dotn know what im going to do to make fix it.... hmmmmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts