Speedzilla Forums banner

RC51 to Daytona 675?

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  rick1127 
#1 ·
Like the title says, has anyone gone this route? Or maybe own both and can give a good back to back comparison?

#2 ·
i haven't been on a triple, but i have a 2004 10r, 2009 6r and a 2003 rc51.

if you've never ridden an inline 4 its a completely different feel and ride from any twin, esp the rc51.

i compare it like going from a tractor to a sewing machine when i switch bikes at the track. the top end pull hits harder on the I4, but that low to mid range torque of a twin can not be matched.

#3 · (Edited)
Are you going to get one? Mags. say it's great except for an extra HIGH Arsend on her.

I think they are the 2nd Coolest looking Triumph EVER! They did a Beautiful job designing this one and IMHO... Should have been the FIRST 600 anything they built...
Think how much farther development would have been IF they NEVER built the bs inline 4 cylinder 600:banghead
Triumph's History is ALL about 3 cylinders MCs and Parl.-Twins.

I imagine she'd be AWESOME to ride, lighter, Lighter to toss around and approx. same power as our RC51s.

I've got an 03 SpeedTriple 955cc EFI and it's a GREAT Fun = a Real Blast to ride.. Even so I'd sell her for the right price because there is 1 more Triumph that I Love Best
that I want... Oneday, she'll be mine;)

Hey, You want an 2003 Speed Triple?:cool:

Peace Jeff

#15 ·
i came from a daytona 675

its an awesome bike and faster than most rc's i'd say. I know mine was faster than my rc51. It also engine brakes more than my rc does. I was expecting the rc to be far superior in engine braking but i was wrong. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

not sure this is possible

the 51 will have to EB more maybe it just felt like it did not

#6 ·
I came from a TT600 and I loved that bike as well. The power was great along with the handling. The tough part was finding aftermarket stuff for it but other than that I loved. Then one bad day came when I cager decided to drink and drive and took me out on it and that was the end of it. When I went to the dealership to spend my insurance money I saw the RC51 brand new being brought onto the showroom floor and I fell in love with it. That is how the RC51 made it to my garage. However once my wife is done with school she wants the 675 in gold so I might have another Triumph to play with in the next few months.:rockon :rockon

#11 ·
I own an RC and have ridden a Daytona 675. The sound of that triple's intake honk through the mid RPM range was intoxicating! Much better mid range torque than a 600RR. It is way lighter than an RC and you can feel that. They are both sweet bikes but I would own one or the other, not both, I don't think they feel different enough to want to own both.

#12 ·
I rode a 675 with some basic mods a while back. Brilliant transmission, decent if slightly 'wooden' feeling brakes, not a bad bike at all performance-wise.

Most uncomfortable thing I can remember riding, though. Felt like the seat wanted to change my gender. :eek:

I definitely prefer my SP-1.

YMMV

#14 ·
I owned both at the same time for about a year. The 675 is a solid bike fun to ride and feels like a feather compared to the RC. It pulls hard and has a cool sound that only a triple can make. That being said I have since sold the Triple but kept the RC. You cant go wrong with a Triumph but I only have one true love.

#16 ·
I have both. I purchased my '03 RC new and raced it two years later for a few years with great success. I finally retired it from racing (and not crashing, thank god!), and bought an '07 Daytona to replace it for racing duty. I swiched the RC back to original street trim, and beat the Daytona instead. The RC has way more engine braking than the Daytona. It pulls slightly better out of the corners, and overall is a little funner on the track than the Daytona. I was almost always near the front with the middleweights on the big BIR track. The down side is that the seat is like sitting on a 2x6 compared to the Daytona on the street and my wrists get numb easily. The daytona is almost just as forgiving coming out of the corners as the RC, and just sounds tits!! I set the track record on BIR's short course my first time out, and it held for 9 months until one Robert Jensen came along and blew me out of the water. On the big BIR track I struggled to keep with the 600's on the straightaways, and it didn't seem like I could go as deep on the brakes as the RC could. A fun bike on the track none the less, but I would recommend the Daytona on the street or longer travel over the RC, except when you want to go crazy in the twisties when you're constantly moving around. The Daytonas gearbox is much more suited for daily driving over the RC.

#19 ·
i dont know what your weather is like out there but if its like the uk you might end up with problems the main problem i get with any triumph out here is build quality rust paint fading just general finish.
the 675 is possible the best 600 on the market but the build quality can be abit iffy and triumph have told me several times that you can not skim the heads on there machines [ive had a few with warped heads] and some parts where they get the prices from i have no idea.
but try one you can allways sell it if you dont like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.