Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the new exhaust! Have you considered any kind of mini-belly pan for below/in front of the oil-pan?

I wouldnt do a thing with the tail, except maybe replace it with a CF tyga 1 pc unit.

Stunna

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the new exhaust! Have you considered any kind of mini-belly pan for below/in front of the oil-pan?

I wouldnt do a thing with the tail, except maybe replace it with a CF tyga 1 pc unit.

Stunna
I'm going to look into something similar to what is on the viper: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bmiller123/RC 51/Viper/viper1_1.jpg

I just can't seem to find one that looks right, so I might have to make my own.

The tail, well my mind on that changes about once a week. I like the CBR tail, the 1098 tail, and the panigale tail also looks sweet....

This tail will stay on until the winter though. It has some rash on the other side, but it is decent enough for now. I just need to actually ride this thing. I haven't ridden in about five months and it is killing me.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Ya, the viper one is awesome although a bit different that its not symetrical on both sides. Looks like theirs is a totally custom unit as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can find a VTR1000F OEM/Aftermarket bellypan, you may be able to make that work with some modification...?

Stunna

I'm going to look into something similar to what is on the viper: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bmiller123/RC 51/Viper/viper1_1.jpg

I just can't seem to find one that looks right, so I might have to make my own.

The tail, well my mind on that changes about once a week. I like the CBR tail, the 1098 tail, and the panigale tail also looks sweet....

This tail will stay on until the winter though. It has some rash on the other side, but it is decent enough for now. I just need to actually ride this thing. I haven't ridden in about five months and it is killing me.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ya, the viper one is awesome although a bit different that its not symetrical on both sides. Looks like theirs is a totally custom unit as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can find a VTR1000F OEM/Aftermarket bellypan, you may be able to make that work with some modification...?

Stunna
I think the viper one is one off too, I've search high and low on the web and can't find anything similar. The Vtr one might work, but it is a little too pointy for my tastes.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
A small update, gased it up and it fired on the first shot. Not bad for having it torn down to basically an engine siting in a rolling chassis. Almost have enough pennies saved up for some titanium cans from ladybird. Those will probably be getting ordered withing a month. I still have to bleed the rear brake and get the undertail and wiring in the tail sorted out.

I'm debating between the plain or the colored titanium cans. My mids are plain, but will turn blue on their own. Any thoughts?

RC51 SP-1/2 LADYBIRD TITANIUM MOTO GP MUFFLER CANISTERS ONLY(PAIR) | eBay

LADYBIRD FULL TITANIUM MOTO GP CANISTER!BEAUTIFUL POLISHED BLUED FINISH | eBay

Brand spanking new Öhlins rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, my old Moriwaki suspension link and new Tyga hugger installed:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Looks great man! I think on your bike the blued cans would really throw off your monochromatic color scheme you have going on. I would go with the plain Ti if it was me.

How about a custom belly pan like this one? Just some more ideas to play with since as you said, your probably going to have to make it one-off.

Stunna

A small update, gased it up and it fired on the first shot. Not bad for having it torn down to basically an engine siting in a rolling chassis. Almost have enough pennies saved up for some titanium cans from ladybird. Those will probably be getting ordered withing a month. I still have to bleed the rear brake and get the undertail and wiring in the tail sorted out.

I'm debating between the plain or the colored titanium cans. My mids are plain, but will turn blue on their own. Any thoughts?

RC51 SP-1/2 LADYBIRD TITANIUM MOTO GP MUFFLER CANISTERS ONLY(PAIR) | eBay

LADYBIRD FULL TITANIUM MOTO GP CANISTER!BEAUTIFUL POLISHED BLUED FINISH | eBay

Brand spanking new Öhlins rear shock from Dan Kyle Racing, my old Moriwaki suspension link and new Tyga hugger installed:

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Looks great man! I think on your bike the blued cans would really throw off your monochromatic color scheme you have going on. I would go with the plain Ti if it was me.

How about a custom belly pan like this one? Just some more ideas to play with since as you said, your probably going to have to make it one-off.

Stunna
That's the euro cb1100 right? I'm not sure if I like the long belly pan. I'll have to ponder that one for a while.

I'm going to go with the plain canisters. You're right in that it will match everything else rather well. Simon has a PM, so hopefully I'll be riding in a few weeks.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Small update for now. Got the coolant overflow bottle mounted, and the titanium cans came in, so it is rideable other than exhaust hangers and getting it registered and plated. I think I'll just make some hangers with some aluminum flat stock since the exhaust isn't heavy at all. I still have to figure out the ignition, I still want to do an RFID keyless ignition, but that will have to wait until I tear it down again for a complete rewire and move everything around.

I did get the chance to a few things. I scored a set of brand new front brake rotors off a 06 or 07 CBR1000RR. They are a direct swap with the only difference being the thickness of the rotors. They increased the RC rotor thickness on the SP2 model to battle warping issues, so hopefully these won't do that. If it happens, I can always use the stock rotors.

I mainly did this just for looks, as I absolutely ****ing hate gold shit. If I had the money, I would tear down the Öhlins rear shock and anodize it black. I also installed some black caliper brackets that I have been holding onto for a while.

$85 of goodness:

Old rotor, ugly gold anodizing:

New black rotors:

What the ugly ass stock gold calipers and rotors used to look like:

All together now:

·
Registered
735 Posts
If I had the money, I would tear down the Öhlins rear shock and anodize it black.
:eek: If this was Facebook, we would no longer be friends. :D

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
:eek: If this was Facebook, we would no longer be friends. :D
Haha, sorry but gold colored stuff has always just looked tacky to me. Although, it didn't bother me enough to buy a different shock.

If possible, this winter I am going to pull all the gold colored engine covers and get them powdercoated or ceramic coated. I'll probably do the oil pan too. I'll have to do a valve check and pull the frame off to get coated too. Might as well do it all at once. It all depends on finances as right now my wife is having trouble finding a job.

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Thanks man. There are some things that I would like to have done differently, but life has a funny way of getting in the way of plans.
Amen to that.

I don't think I'm as averse to gold as you are, but I really like the black rotor carriers, looks sharp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Caliper and rotors

That combo looks really good on the OZ Wheels, way better than the gold. Have you fired it up with those cans on it? Get your ear plugs ready:D but I do like the way they sound on Jess' bike.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
That combo looks really good on the OZ Wheels, way better than the gold. Have you fired it up with those cans on it? Get your ear plugs ready:D but I do like the way they sound on Jess' bike.
I did take a quick stab at the starter this weekend, but it was around 2am and I didn't want to wake up the family. It actually wasnt as loud as I expected, I didn't give it much gas though.

I just need to spend a little more time on it and I should be at least able to ride it soon. Hopefully the nice weather will hold out. (wtf am I thinking? This is Washington)

61 - 80 of 91 Posts