Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RC51 Repsol 40th Aniversry Done!(for now) or until I find/copy some Sato rearset's

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now that looks good! Which company did you get that kit from? I know you posted before, but don't remember :rockon

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EBAY, RC51 Repsol 40th Aniversary, from China

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll just tell you and if you need pics I'll post if possible, as I fixed most of the snags:
  1. The RH headlight sit's a little prouder than the left and I dont want to over adjust, as the headlight mounting tabs are not the best, but neither are the OEM's.
  2. The paint on the tail has a number of runs in the lacquer.
  3. They missed putting the main Honda decals on the bottom of the side fairings.
  4. The mold they used had the cut out for passenger seat so I think they used OEM fairings for the original plugs they made the moulds from, so this is visable if you look carefully.
The fit and quality is comprable to some Airtech stuff I have fitted to other bike's in the past, is it worth $500? possibly, as I think there is a huge variable in quality, and just hope you get lucky on the day.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
you might be able to fix the headlight issue with some washers in between the fairing and the headlight.

I like the pipes, those are nice!

·
Hen Pecked
170 Posts
Pretty cool! coupla questions for you: how did you deal w/ the tank color and what are the headers that your RS3's are mounted to? I have no idea how to get a factory looking paint job on a tank like you obviously do! Nice work.

Thanks! - fish

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty cool! coupla questions for you: how did you deal w/ the tank color and what are the headers that your RS3's are mounted to? I have no idea how to get a factory looking paint job on a tank like you obviously do! Nice work.

Thanks! - fish
The RS3 headers are stock but the mid high mounts are yoshi, I swapped a pair of stock's mid's and rear foot pegs & mounts for them with a nice gentleman on this very site.
As for the paint and decals, I bought the tank from another nice gentleman on this site as the original is in perfect condition and didn't want to change it, I bead blasted it down to bear metal, filled the dents, primed it, and went down to Canadian Tire and picked up 4 spray bombs that matched the tail color, I think it was Nissan Brilliant White.
The stripe decals/plastic were from a graphic's/sign store free as they were swatches and cut to size, fitted, along with the Honda graphics and the whole thing was clear coated.
  1. Repsol 40th Aniversery body kit = $150
  2. RC51 SP1 Tank = $140
  3. Graphics Stripes = free
  4. SP2 Hugger = $40
  5. Honda tank decal = $19
  6. Paint bombs+clear coat = $40
The whole deal cost me about $600 with odd's and sod's like LED rear signals, LED licence plate bolts, racing filler cap, and general stuff.
Doing your own paint advice: take your time and prep it properly!!!
If anyone needs more info on graphics and paint codes PM me and I'll dig them out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great job on the post, makes the China kits look better than their reputation would suggest. As you said, it's all in the prep work!
I think the crap reputation is a result of the "variable" that they are i.e most times they dont just bolt straight on, however the kits out of the U.S are a better standard of fit, but more expensive.:twocents
Chinese kits are a bit of a lottery at times!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts