Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (EdmontonRC51)

30g's!? Damn, I'd be afraid to ride it, even if I could afford it. Awesome piece of moto machinery though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (Wrist Rocket)

A very used RC45 (35k+ KM) for $30k?

He is obviously trying to sell it to fund his crack habit.

I've seen crate RC45's go for less than 25k so nobody in their right mind would pay $30k for one that is used and modified. Notice he doesn't say anything about the original exhaust being available or the fact that the wheels are not the OEM color either which is an absolute must from a collector's standpoint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (g-man)

i can buy this one and ad it to Foggy's Duc that the other guy had on Ebay this week for 90K......

this must be the week that everyone tried to retire off their Ebay sales......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (EdmontonRC51)

Thats funny... A local shop here in Rochester had one of theese rotting on the floor up until 5 years ago he couldn't give it away, now 30gs I am going to go jump of a bridge

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (Rocryder)

I know a dealer in jersey the had a rc45 for $ 23.000 for 5 yrs now....my friend offer $21,000 and they said no......I guess they want to keep it as a show room display....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (mrgrn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want a RC30 still
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know someone who might want to sell his...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (g-man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g-man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen crate RC45's go for less than 25k so nobody in their right mind would pay $30k for one that is used and modified. Notice he doesn't say anything about the original exhaust being available or the fact that the wheels are not the OEM color either which is an absolute must from a collector's standpoint.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I met the guy who owned that bike last year and rode with him briefly. A respectable gentleman who is not in need of money. Also note that the ram air intakes to the tank are red, IIRC he told me that he had the bike custom painted (15 g's worth) and clear coated / wet sanded like 30 zillion times. Its stunning seeing it in real life the paint is very nice.

Regarding those pipes he told me they were very rare but I don't know shit about them.

I don't know if the bike has the same owner today. I've got pics at home I'll post later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (Darth Humungus)

RC 45's will ultimately be the most valuable of the 30/45/51 as it was produced in the lowest numbers and the majority of the ones left are in pretty damn good condition

The reason is they where not raced by the privateers nearly as much as the other two and in the long run its less then great results on the race track will be overlooked.

I still think if they all cost the same the bike to own for a rider is the 30 followed very closely by the 51 with the 45 bringing in a regrettable 3rd.

Most people that own and ride these will tell you the RC 30 even in today's world is a very respectable sportbike. Makes enough power to be fun and has fantastic feedback. Lack of great rubber hampers an Original 30 but most owners that ride them have installed a 17" and are enjoying the bike.

I have 2 friends that own 45's one permanently retired his the other is looking for a second one to turn into a track bike to see if he can make it work,(the stock one handles poorly in his opinion and he wants to go ahead and modify the hell out of it)

The funny thing is in 20 years I don't think The RC 51 will be able to hold it's own with current bikes of that era as well as the RC 30 does. (the RC45 could not hold its own with its contemporaries let alone the futures)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (mrgrn)

Okay I dug up the pics. These were taken last year early September when my buddy and I bumped into the RC45. As I said the owner was a really cool guy and we all stopped for a coffee/pose-a-thon together.

gorgeous bike:

the 45 and me:

45, 51, and at the time my buddies ticking time bomb Yamaha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: RC45 on ebay (Darth Humungus)

sp2pilot is corect about the RC30. It's a great bike to ride. I enjoy riding that more than any other bike I have owned. I recently put a Penske shock on the rear and I have a set of 17" Marchesinis and a full Titanium Arata pipe on order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.