Speedzilla Forums banner

121 - 140 of 197 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Fester still wearing that 1991 Repsol jacket?
1991??? it wasn't until 1995 that Repsol began sponsoring Honda and yes I still proudly wear my 2005 Repsol MotoGp Jacket...

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
You're not alone if you're kicking yourself in the ass for not buying that RC30 back in 91 for 15K...
Going back to the original post.... actually, what a waste of money the RC30 turned out to be. Far from doubled in price, as of today. Putting that money into the stock market in a variety of stocks to track the overall index in 1991 would have resulted in over quadrupling your money today, and closer to quintupling. :p

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Going back to the original post.... actually, what a waste of money the RC30 turned out to be. Far from doubled in price, as of today. Putting that money into the stock market in a variety of stocks to track the overall index in 1991 would have resulted in over quadrupling your money today, and closer to quintupling. :p
In the suckers-don't-have-an-edge game called the stock market if you wanted a more profitable ride it was the RC30...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Fair logic. Never understood the idea of bikes / cars or other hobbies as an investment. If you can afford these then you can afford to make a solid investment in your future that won't carry the same emotional attachment and that you actually won't have an issue selling.

1. You would have to be willing to sell the RC30 after such a long ownership.
2. You couldn't ride it.

In order for the RC30 to retain and gain value you would have to leave it alone and pristine. Only stock and low mileage will see those high gains, not ridden and modified.

If I owned an RC30 it would be well and truly ridden by this point and never considered for sale so the investment strategy goes out the window as the emotional one kicks in.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Fair logic. Never understood the idea of bikes / cars or other hobbies as an investment. If you can afford these then you can afford to make a solid investment in your future that won't carry the same emotional attachment and that you actually won't have an issue selling.

1. You would have to be willing to sell the RC30 after such a long ownership.
2. You couldn't ride it.

In order for the RC30 to retain and gain value you would have to leave it alone and pristine. Only stock and low mileage will see those high gains, not ridden and modified.

If I owned an RC30 it would be well and truly ridden by this point and never considered for sale so the investment strategy goes out the window as the emotional one kicks in.

True, but how many people actually make money on motorcycle ownership?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Very few if any. Most collectors I know never even consider them an investment; it is their hobby. They invest in real financial vehicles when considering retirement etc.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Like Pat's RC30 and RC45 these 2 bikes have or will make me money...

Bought an RC30 for 10K sold it for 15K

Bought an RC45 for 8K worth 22K (not for sale at 50K)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
your phukin shitbox bike, ain't even worth 10k...
Rest your floppy ears on my knee like a good doggy and I'll tell you why I turned
down 24K cash from Daniel Shoenwald and why I turned down Bonhams &
Butterfields when they called out of the blue and pleaded to auction
off my Balls 2 RC45 for 32K...

Attachments

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Rest your floppy ears on my knee like a good doggy and I'll tell you why I turned
down 24K cash from Daniel Shoenwald and why I turned down Bonhams &
Butterfields when they called out of the blue and pleaded to auction
off my Balls 2 RC45 for 32K...
Zimbabwe dollars?

Hint: A hundred trillion Zim dollars is worth about US $5.

121 - 140 of 197 Posts