Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the RC is all buttoned up... I have two problems....

1. The RC turns over VERY slow, wont start. Fresh battery. bike hasnt been ran in over a year.

2. the oil line adapters I had welded.... the F'in SEEP! WTF! I come out to the bike today and there is a small amount of oil on the ground! NOT HAPPY! WTF.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You said it was a fresh battery, but did you charge it? Slow cranking sounds like not enough charge.

If you have a small bike battery charger, try starting the bike with it connected/charging in at a low rate.

Sorry to hear about the oil leak.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked the battery up form the auto parts store, they charged it for me. Think it could be from sitting so long?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gents, this battery is charged... It is cold as hell.... im going to turn on the heater in the garage to see if some warmer "weather" will help her out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
it will, my race bike wont start unless its 50 degrees plus.... and my rc isnt any better in the cold.... charged battery, and warmer, and it will sing

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I never let any battery sit on the concrete also, probably still won't:p ...but they said it didn't make a difference.

Mabry....weak starter or relay? Not sending enough current. Don't you have 2 RCs? Switch parts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its been hovering around freezing... give or take a bit. The RC has never liked the cold, even a bit. One of these days when im not working 13 hours Ill get more then 30 minutes t oplay with her.

I think I might give the good ole puch start... see if that helps at all?

Ill See what I can do about swaping some parts out off the 01.

Any ideas on the seeping oil unions?

·
1,061 Posts
Off subject, but I was looking at your tail the "whats your rc51 look like thread"

The cbr tail is sweet sweet. You just need to get an undertail of some type on it. I'd just fad one up if you have done so.

·
Registered
295 Posts
it will, my race bike wont start unless its 50 degrees plus.... and my rc isnt any better in the cold.... charged battery, and warmer, and it will sing
I can relate to that.
Last year, it was 47 deg and I tried to crank her up.
She tried, but was very sluggish, and I stopped to keep from needlessly draining the battery.
Next day, it was 55 and she cranked right up.

They just don't like cold weather.

·
1,061 Posts
I can relate to that.
Last year, it was 47 deg and I tried to crank her up.
She tried, but was very sluggish, and I stopped to keep from needlessly draining the battery.
Next day, it was 55 and she cranked right up.

They just don't like cold weather.
Same for me.

She just won't start in the cold. Winer blows.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Its been hovering around freezing... give or take a bit. The RC has never liked the cold, even a bit. One of these days when im not working 13 hours Ill get more then 30 minutes t oplay with her.

I think I might give the good ole puch start... see if that helps at all?

Ill See what I can do about swaping some parts out off the 01.

Any ideas on the seeping oil unions?
If its leaking at the fitting you just had fabbed, make sure the flange of the OEM part of the fitting didn't get warped when they were welded and make sure the o-rings aren't pinched or missing. Also check all your line fittings again to see if its leaking there. Take a closer look at the weld job too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its def seeping from the weld... the unions are tight and the packings/ o-rings are good. I deploy in less than a week so Im just going to tape the welds so she wont leak and then just take care of it when I get back....

P.S. took some pictures of the bike... well not really the bike but some girls on the bike.... thee files are way too large to put on here but if you guys wanna check them out head over to mirroredmotion.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went to the site, clicked on photos and it looked like it might be NSFW. I'm on a gov computer so I bailed. If it is post a warning thanks

Nevermind I checked it when I got home

1 - 18 of 18 Posts