Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last sunday my battery just ran out. i guess 5yrs it's been time. so i got a new one and now it is yet another sunday and my new battery is flat. I hear a clicking sound coming from the trunk. what is wrong ? I'm not a mechanic, i just ride.

·
Registered
250 Posts
and if its the starter relay... where is that little box on the rc ? i can't find it.
It's the box just before your rectifier(with cooling body), on the lh side beside your battery.
Check your battery connections, and your ground wire(to frame). Make sure your bat is fully charged. This sounds like a dead battery

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
check your connection for sure but also put a volt meter to see if the charging system is working properly. Should be 13 plus volts at 2,500 RPM.

Go to AutoZone/Kragen/any auto parts store and buy a good digital volt ohm meter(DVOM or dee vom)...read how to use that bad boy and start learning simple things you can fix with it.

Or press/turn the DVOM to direct current or ---- symble. Jump the RC , have it running . Put red lead on the positive post, Black on the negative post, and then read to out come.

Does matter if you plug the leads in wrong at the meter end. Worst thing is the value has a negative or (-)/minus sign infront of number.

hope this helps :rockon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts