Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a link or FAQ that covers the changes since the bike was originally introduced? I'm shopping and want to know if I should steer clear of the early 2000 models...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: RC Changes over the years (Evoking)

(All photos published w/ the express written consent of Coleman!
)

This will probably help:

Plastics/Paint Scheme differences:
- 00, 01, and 02 are the same
- 03 has black tail, less black on front cowl, and the entire "honda wing" fits on
the side cowls. Tanks has slight differences. Pictures below for 00-02 vs. 03 differences.
- 04 <U>generally</U> same as 00-02 except it has white "number plates" instead of black (and an unpainted frame)
- Also the inner portion of the front rotors on 2000s is black. It's gold on 2001 & up

Mechanical/component differences 02 & up (SP2) as compared w/ 00-01 (SP1):
- longer, re-designed swingarm
- re-designed subframe (lighter)
- improved FI & larger throttle bodies
- lighter 5 spoke wheels (6 spoke on 00-01)
- Slip on exhaust for 00-01 only fits 00-01 and 02 & up slip-ons only fit 02 & up.
- There are other changes not really that important to your choice (relocated oil cooler, taller stock windscreen, etc.)

Here's the detail pics of 00-02 vs. 03 paint schemes...

Modified by dhdrider at 12:39 PM 6/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (mcoomer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcoomer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah...but which year goes 205??</TD></TR></TABLE>

All of them if you were gauged by a plane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (aces anugal)

You better of gotten permission from Coleman to use these pics, not to mention Todd or Mark's RC51's. Otherwise good pics, and description.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 01's are just fine. My 01 RC dyno's higher than both 02 and 03's my buddy's own, with the same mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (DamianRC51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DamianRC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 01's are just fine. My 01 RC dyno's higher than both 02 and 03's my buddy's own, with the same mods.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sheesh, my stock 03 hit 125hp with no mods!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts