(All photos published w/ the express written consent of Coleman!
This will probably help:
Plastics/Paint Scheme differences:
- 00, 01, and 02 are the same
- 03 has black tail, less black on front cowl, and the entire "honda wing" fits on
the side cowls. Tanks has slight differences. Pictures below for 00-02 vs. 03 differences.
- 04 <U>generally</U> same as 00-02 except it has white "number plates" instead of black (and an unpainted frame)
- Also the inner portion of the front rotors on 2000s is black. It's gold on 2001 & up
Mechanical/component differences 02 & up (SP2) as compared w/ 00-01 (SP1):
- longer, re-designed swingarm
- re-designed subframe (lighter)
- improved FI & larger throttle bodies
- lighter 5 spoke wheels (6 spoke on 00-01)
- Slip on exhaust for 00-01 only fits 00-01 and 02 & up slip-ons only fit 02 & up.
- There are other changes not really that important to your choice (relocated oil cooler, taller stock windscreen, etc.)
Here's the detail pics of 00-02 vs. 03 paint schemes...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DamianRC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 01's are just fine. My 01 RC dyno's higher than both 02 and 03's my buddy's own, with the same mods.</TD></TR></TABLE>
A forum community dedicated to Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, reviews, modifications, classifieds, maintenance, troubleshooting, and more! Open to Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, MV Agusta, and any other make with the need for speed!