Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to sell the RC for a little bit, but no takers. So I stuck the street plastics back on it and went for a ride! First time on the street with it in quite a while, and I'm back in love with it! So easy and fun to ride on the street! I went through Cherohala, Deals Gap, and a little bit of 28. Great day for riding!:D Hardly any sportbikes out, though. Tons of cruisers...:rolleyes:

·
2000 RC51 Rider
63 Posts
I was contemplating selling mine as well, didn't ride a whole lot last summer so I figured I wouldn't miss it. Glad I didn't! Been riding more this summer than any other year and just absolutely love the RC. My buddy even came up with his new BMW s1000rr which I rode for a bit, awesome bike by the way, but wanted my RC back after 50 miles! My buddy didn't want to give it back though, had to wrestle it out of his hands!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
There's just something about this bike , huh guys ? Haven't ridden my 05 much the last 2 weeks (an eternity in snowy Canada) b/c of a hand injury , took it out today ... after an hour hand hurt like hell but I kept going ... and going , on country roads where the 7-10K blast is so much sweeter !:rockon After 3 hours and 1 fill-up , I've got an immovable thumb and the certainty that I'll never sell her . Numbers don't mean sh!t b/c it's a legend .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day!

I too went out for a 200 mile ride yesterday with my RC! Felt very good to ride for that distance! Had a hard time keeping up with my buddy on his 08 GSXR1000 on the straits, but he was owned in the twistys! LOL!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ah,yes...

Gotta love Deals Gap! I kinda miss runnin' up there.I've got a couple of issues on the homefront that keep me from going but will get back there sometime.I've been hearing alot from people that early morning or late afternoon/evening time is the best to go.I miss it already!

·
unificator
480 Posts
Cherohala was great! Couldn't have been over 70 up there!:cool:

beautiful ride but watch your speed. the county has quite the little revenue generating system up there.

make a figure 8 from robbinsville. take dragon (129) > cherohala (360, 165, 143) > dragon (129) > foothills parkway (no #, 321, 337) > south through smoky mt natl park (441) > then west (19, 28) to deals gap > then south (129) back to robbinsville.

one of the most enjoyable rides ive had in the south. as good as it gets without big mountains.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking bike! I'm diggin' that red tail fairing with the rest of the regular paint job. Good look to it!
It's funny that you mention that, cause I was only this weekend realizing it was not standard US spec. I guess we only got silver tails and the red went with the non-US all red bikes? The bike came to me like this, and I dig it. The irony is that I'm not a big fan of red Honda's. The bigger irony is my stable of bikes includes two all red Honda's, and the RC:

The reason I started looking into it is because I saw the Tyga CF tail, and was thinking about what color to paint it. I think I would stick with the red, leaving the black as unpainted CF. Pair it with the CF front fender...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeh you guys down south have it so good! Every time I ride into Boston for work I think the RC is definitely NOT designed for commuting on slow traffic-riddled highways, even backroads are clogged and speed limited to 40mph...no fun! Miss the days of ridiculous high-speed cruising in northern AZ for hundreds of miles, perfect wx & zero traffic! If anyone from N.E. is thinking of riding down to the Gap area before the snow starts, let me know! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts