Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF! I remember when i used to beable to browse for old parts on ebay and only having to flip through 12 pages MAX! Igot on there today and there was 100+ pages! WTF! 98% of them were Hong Kong bodies and slip-ons. How can they be making somany parts for a abike thats not made anymore? Shhheeeeesh.

On a better note:
This entire deployment ive been buying parts formy piggy, front mount rads, new front rotors, battery relocator, rearsets, quick disconnects fr the tank and seat, and a 07 1000rr body to do thee metal scorpio mod. So just a ew more weeks and ill be back in the states and you fellas are going to have to listen to my ass on the forms again!

:rockon

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Stay safe and don't forget to blow shome shit up fer yer homies on Speedzilla! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! :clapper

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I just get around that by only showing US sellers. It drops the pages down significantly.

Oh, and blow some shit up for us.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you knock it down to US sellers only?

we blew up plenty o stuff out here..... I hve a tond of videos to upload once im back. Check out all the stuff i have up so far. youtube.com/user/mabryusmc

Just picked up a rear thumb brake for $150 on ebay, comes with everything and cable.... keep my fingers crossed its worth it hahaha.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
There is a thing on the left side of the listings after you search. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. I think it depends on how specific you make your search, ie if you are looking at all eBay motors, or just brakes in motorcycles or something. It's actually more annoying that it doesn't show up sometimes. Ebays user interface sucks donkey balls.

·
1,061 Posts
To narrow down your search to just US eBay sales etc. just click "advanced search", go down to location button and click that and then select Located in United States. Bam!! US only.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good tip on the search filter! I was having the same issue as mabryusmc all this time browsing parts, and that helped A LOT!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wohoo... glad I brought this up... thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I wish there was a way to weed out specific sellers or multiple listings of the same thing.

If you do "auction-only" don't you loose access to the honest auctions that have buy-it-now options?

Stunna

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
Ya, I guess so. But nearly all of the legitimate, private sales are auction style don't you think?

Otherwise, careful category and description selection and the U.S. only option are about all you can do.

·
1,061 Posts
I wish there was a way to weed out specific sellers or multiple listings of the same thing.

If you do "auction-only" don't you loose access to the honest auctions that have buy-it-now options?

Stunna
You kinda can. If you put say -sliders all results of that search will not include sliders or what ever else you want to filter out. You usually can find a word that those sellers use to use as your filter. So just type "-" and whatever word you want to exclude and you should be able to narrow your search even more.

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
This is a great thread! :rockon
I've often wondered if there was a way to filter the millions of spiked and skull bar ends, cheapo bike covers, and the crappy China bodywork kits. US sellers and the "-" sign should help, but a person does need to ponder his search pretty carefully. It's a PITA, but worth it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts