Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
My rotate my spare rims with race tires...always having a set mounted and ready to go when the tires I'm using wear out. I have rains in the trailer unmounted. If you mount the rains, you might not need them all year, forcing you to hurry to get tires mounted because you don't have spare rims available.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
My rotate my spare rims with race tires...always having a set mounted and ready to go when the tires I'm using wear out. I have rains in the trailer unmounted. If you mount the rains, you might not need them all year, forcing you to hurry to get tires mounted because you don't have spare rims available.
+1

Besides, if you need the rains it'll only take 45 min to swap them. So you'll sit out one session.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
And not having rain all year during track days is a bad thing?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
And not having rain all year during track days is a bad thing?
No, I like a rain race sometimes, I feel I do better than most in the wet. We get a rain day about every 12-15 racedays, so I just have them there, but not mounted. If they where mounted, the spare rims wouldn't be used very much.

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
Id mount the rains. There is no reason to have to rush to get tires mounted for trackdays. That should be done before you arrive at the track for the day. I doubt youre going to burn through more then a set of tires a day. I dont and there is usually two of us riding my bike and the tires on it are last weeks race tire.

Im assuming youre riding Loudon from our past conversations. You know how the weather is up here. Ive had days go from rain to dry and back to rain within a matter of a couple of hours. With the rains on at a trackday the chances are youll be one of 3 or 4 at the most out there. Makes for some great times.

·
Registered
236 Posts
if you got a extra set of rims for sure put rains on them, so if it dose start to rain all u gotta do is change them out. so when theres a long line at the tire vender ur sitting in ur pit just changing out and back on track.

Make sure u keep the rain set out of the sun and it helps to rap them in a ready rap to protect the tire it self

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
On the rear tire, do you guys buy smaller or stick with the same size as your dry tire?
Depends. When its really wet I go with a smaller tire. The 165 seams to cut through the water better. When there is chance of it drying out during the race Ill run the 195. It will last longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.