1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
I have the Techmount and it is excellent, I'd go with that. I used mine until I installed a Scotts steering damper, then I went with a mount that clamps to the top of the left fork tube. The Techmount worked better so unless you plan on installing a rotary steering damper I'd suggest going with that one.

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
I use the TechMount stuff on my RC and my VFR. No issues in 4-5 years of use. But.....here's the trick. Do NOT use plain jane Velcro to secure your detector or GPS or whatever. You should use 3M's DualLock "velcro-y" product. DualLock locks the item in place, with none of the wiggle that normal Velcro allows. But...don't use too much! I just use a thumbrnail-sized piece on each corner. If you use too much DualLock, you'll never get the item off the TechMount plate!!

Also, I use the H.A.R.D helmet mounted LED alert system Legal Speeding v2, cuz you'lll NEVER hear or see a detector going off when you're on the throttle!
And another thing, since I'm something of a radar detector expert: Always have your detector pointed a few degrees DOWN (just a few) so that you can maybe pick up a little radar bounce and scatter from the pavement. There is no scatter or bounce up in the air, so don't point your detector that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.