Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from round 2 at BIR with the CRA. What a blast it was, so my buddy Q crashed his ninja 250 in round 1 and broke 6 ribs so he was out, but he let me put my numbers on his bike and also paid for my race....THANKS. the 250 was a rip, Sunday was the super twins race witch im leading in points and also took 1st again. i love racen the RC51. Jetfixr i hope u get well so i have some one to race. Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that help suport me Jetfixr-dave, TOMTOM, Doug Loftgrin who tuned my bike to run like a raped date. also Momentum photo for taken sweet pictures

momentumphoto.net
CRA-June-scroll down to 151
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Boy, "SKOTTIE" you got a first and a last place finish :wacky

Saturday was light rain throughout the day great racing all around the track :clapper

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Congrats man. I wish I could have made It up there but I had miltary duuties to Attend to. Hopefully I can make it up for July weekend.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the person in the back round crashed in turn 3, the photo is us coming into turn 4, that 250 was such a blast

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had a great time watching the races on Saturday. That light rain was really raising hell in some of the corners. Scott, you need to back off the cheeseburgers if you are going to run on a 250. I don't think I am going to be in race condition for July either. Saw the doc yesterday and the collar bone is doing good, the ribs are still giving me a hard time though.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Sad news to hear Dave ... But at least you have a spare pilot for your 51 !!!

·
Munky
532 Posts
Going to be doing my first CCS race in September. Does anyone know if the front number plate in the photo above will pass CCS tech? I have AM #161. The rule book states no number slanting.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Going to be doing my first CCS race in September. Does anyone know if the front number plate in the photo above will pass CCS tech? I have AM #161. The rule book states no number slanting.
Scott ran a ccs event with those plates,but it was the michelin cup and there were some issues about what class the 51 fit in he got protested:mad:

Chime in SKOTTIE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I belive that ccs makes u have it on the left side, if ur running a rc the best thing is just to have the numberplate on both sides, or yellow duct tape works as well if you dont have it painted yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy, "SKOTTIE" you got a first and a last place finish :wacky

Saturday was light rain throughout the day great racing all around the track :clapper

Tom-------Its kinda hard to get a last place finnish when you dont get out of the pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

·
Munky
532 Posts
I belive that ccs makes u have it on the left side, if ur running a rc the best thing is just to have the numberplate on both sides, or yellow duct tape works as well if you dont have it painted yet.
Most of the tracks I will be competing on will have the scoring tower on the right, so I should be good with the numbers on the right. My main question was the numbers. I have about the same size number plates on the front of my RC and was wondering if I could run the numbers slanted like that? I guess it depends on who is working at tech that day and how picky they are.

Im sure I will be asking a million more questions about racing before Sept. Thanks for the help!

ian

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when i ran CCS i was in topeka at hartland park, they wanted to have my numbers on the left because the tower is on the left, and most of the corner workers are on the left of you when your going around the track,

CCS/ASRA Home page
CCS RULES
5.3.4 Number plates, or number display areas, will be a minimum of 10 by 12
with radiused corners.
5.3.5 Painted displays or separate plates.
A. Front display may be painted only if the front section of the fairing
is of adequate size and display is clearly legible. Otherwise, a 10 by
12 plate must be mounted. The front display area must be unbroken
by air intakes, and only one number display will be allowed.
(1.) If the rider chooses to position the front number display to the
side of the air intake, that number display MUST be on the same​
28​
side as the scoring station used during each event. (i.e. if you are
competing at Summit Point, the front display must be on riders
right. If you are competing at Roebling Road, the front display
must be on riders left.) It is the riders responsibility to have the​
number display on the correct side before coming to Tech Inspection.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here are the style of numbers u can have

5.3.7 The following samples show the type style required to comply with these
rules:​
l 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

the #1 needs to look like a ( l ) nothing can be haning of the top or bottom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts