Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Here piggy piggy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've got an 04 that I've been trying to sell for several months with no takers. Tough market. So, I'm just gonna buy body work, some suspension, and track the pig!

What are my brand options these days for bodywork. These things are ancient now-a-days and as such, hard to find goodies seems like.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
You sure get what you pay for with bodywork. While some stuff is priced cheap, the cheaper stuff does not crash well...brittle and disposable. I've bought a couple sets of Armour Bodies, the fit and finish is excellent, and flexable and durable enough to take certain crashes. I've always thought Hotbodies was junk, but lately the reviews are better. Deals can be found on used also.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
sportbiketrackgear.com

Get a hold of Brian, Great man to deal with :clapper and he's a Vendor here too... Prices are to your door!:rockon

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
Well, i've got an 04 that I've been trying to sell for several months with no takers. Tough market. So, I'm just gonna buy body work, some suspension, and track the pig!

What are my brand options these days for bodywork. These things are ancient now-a-days and as such, hard to find goodies seems like.
Well, I have goodies for sale. Nothing is perfect, but it's fully functional and ready to go! Could save you a lot of money and time over new... :woot::clapper

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/61859-2003-rc51-track-bike-part-out.html

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I would look at used sets. There are a couple on here for pretty cheap. If looks are important, keep your eyes open, I was able to get a brand new set of Attack bodywork for $400 (retail is like $700) off of eBay. The fit on them is very good, I didn't have to trim anything at all, holes were perfectly marked.

Some will tell you that since there always is the possibility of crashing, go buy the cheap ones off eBay, but I think if you do that, just save more money and get some used ones.

·
LiveStrong
223 Posts
EBay Crap

Do not, do not, do not buy the cheep ebay crap. If you are going to Starbucks then it looks pretty. But if you are really going to track the pig you will be better off with one of the big ones. Armor, Shark, HotBod...I just grabbed a set of Sharkskinz in perfect condition painted 3 colors for $350. There are deals to be had out there if you are willing to wait. Good Luck buddy.

If you are interested I have a full set of OEM Plastics that are not in perfect condition but are great for the track. They are rattle caned flat black and ready to mount up. No broken tabs so fit will be 100%. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will get you some pics. This might be a good option for you. FYI- they were my track plastics for the last two years. :rockon

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Do not, do not, do not buy the cheep ebay crap. If you are going to Starbucks then it looks pretty. But if you are really going to track the pig you will be better off with one of the big ones. Armor, Shark, HotBod...I just grabbed a set of Sharkskinz in perfect condition painted 3 colors for $350. There are deals to be had out there if you are willing to wait. Good Luck buddy.

If you are interested I have a full set of OEM Plastics that are not in perfect condition but are great for the track. They are rattle caned flat black and ready to mount up. No broken tabs so fit will be 100%. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will get you some pics. This might be a good option for you. FYI- they were my track plastics for the last two years. :rockon

You've just been PM'd

Peace Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts