Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question to all of you using the HO204 Ohlins shock: how much riding height are you running over/under the standard setting (shock length 326mm)? Also have you dropped the forks through the yokes when running this shock?
Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
at stock the ohlins comes with 2 threads showing at this setting my bike didnt feel very easy to turn even with the forks raised to the second line.

I changed it to 7-8 threads and it came alive. thats +5-6mm at the shock

From the info I have gathered on this forum you want to have 2 threads showing with a kyle link 7 threads with a stock link.

Obviously your personal taste may differ a couple mm either way but start there and you should start to enjoy your bike.:rockon

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers chaps. :notworthy
I run a 190/50 rear (can get them cheaper than 190/55... :eek:), stock rear link.
Today I took a detour to have the shock checked at my suspension workshop before they shut down for the Summer vacations.
Riccardo advised to keep shock length "as is" (it's only 3mm over stock) and to only change if I "really" need quicker turn in.
He also put the shock back to its stock settings ("they played a lot with settings"), checked the spring, the usual things...
As for the forks I have decided to go back to stock position (first line showing). Only tried it out on the stock shock (the WP is in a box waiting for a buyer... :rolleyes:) but quite pleased with the results. I prefer a little more stability and the bike is quick enough for me, especially with these new wheels.
Will fit the shock this weekend and be back at you if I need more advice (very likely).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I run a 190/50 rear (can get them cheaper than 190/55... :eek:), stock rear link.
I warmly recommend 180/55 if you are on a budget. My setup is 180/55, stock link, Öhlins rear and 7 lines showing. AFAIK setting the remote preload adjuster to full hard also raises the rear a bit - that's what I have had to do, the 95 spring is a bit too soft for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts