Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory manual has you remove the forks to remove the handlebars. Is there a quicker, easier way?

I'm searching right now for past posts but I want to get the Satos done this morning before I run out of time so I'm going about this just a bit backwards.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Quick help please...installing clip-ons?? (mcoomer)

remove upper on the triple clamps and the clipons will slide off

you do not have to remove the forks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping that was the case. That means I have to remove the Scotts but that sounds much easier than the wheel and forks.

Thanks man,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (mcoomer)

Actually, loosening the pich bolts on the forks is much quicker than removing the Scotts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did end up removing the forks. After working on the set screw for the Scotts mount for about :30 minutes I gave up and just started from the bottom.

BTW...anyone care to tell me what bar ends they're using with their clip ons? I was hoping to just use the factory ones but they're different screw sizes. I just want something round and black.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bar ends

What are bar ends?
Just kidding, I wouldn't use bar ends if I were you. IMO it looks better with out them. I have the Gilles clipons and they just came with little black plugs for the ends of the tubes. I will go take a pic and post it for you.

Modified by APairOfTwins at 8:45 AM 7/28/2005

1 - 8 of 8 Posts