Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dry-break couplers (or fittings) have internal valving that do not leak any fluid on disconnect.
As opposed to a quick-disconnect which does.
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

So who has done this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got the Motion Pro quick disconnect on my 51. 5/16 for the main line (the actual line is small, it's just covered in a thick rubber sleeve). I run one of Thorsten's airboxes so I cut the main fuel line 6-8 inches from the throttle body union and plumbed in the quick disconnect. I've also got a 1/4 inch disconnect for the return line but I haven't fitted that one yet. It's been on the bike about a year and no leaks, no issues and totally compatible with pump fuel. I use the single sided dry break with the dry end on the tank side (not much to leak on the throttle body side).

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've got the Motion Pro quick disconnect on my 51. 5/16 for the main line (the actual line is small, it's just covered in a thick rubber sleeve). I run one of Thorsten's airboxes so I cut the main fuel line 6-8 inches from the throttle body union and plumbed in the quick disconnect. I've also got a 1/4 inch disconnect for the return line but I haven't fitted that one yet. It's been on the bike about a year and no leaks, no issues and totally compatible with pump fuel. I use the single sided dry break with the dry end on the tank side (not much to leak on the throttle body side).
Dude, that's perfect!

Your the second person that uses the motion pro one that said it works fine. Yeah, the single side shut off should work perfect.

So, I'm looking for 5/16.

Thank You

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Dude, that's perfect!

Your the second person that uses the motion pro one that said it works fine. Yeah, the single side shut off should work perfect.

So, I'm looking for 5/16.

Thank You
If you admit I'm a genius I might even have a spare I could send ya...
I'll look through my spares.

I think the only negative aspect of the MP is hte chance of pinching an o-ring, just have to be careful.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If you admit I'm a genius I might even have a spare I could send ya...
I'll look through my spares.

I think the only negative aspect of the MP is hte chance of pinching an o-ring, just have to be careful.
Dude

Your a genius :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've used the Quick Coupler PMCD barbed version with the in-line valve on bikes before. Works like a charm. I tried it on the return fuel line on the RC and it leaked. It likely was stressed sideways. I then T-off the return line and and ran a short piece of hose just inside the frame and installed the valved fitting end (female). To drain the tank, I simply insert the male portion of the Quick Coupler into the fitting and drain the tank. The male line has a 2' length of hose attached so it can reach the gas can on the floor. The banjo bolt on the pressure side is till a pain the ass.

·
Registered
460 Posts
thanks for the point into the right direction.... mine should be here in 5working days... will report on completion!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts