Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've explained why I post these questions on your board several times and it has nothing to do with spam.

However it seems I'm pissing several members off and that is not my intention. I’m tired of defending myself against these attacks.

So I leave it up to you....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (Stuman)

Lets see. Your not selling anything (Other than Free Knowledge) and your posts ARE educational. Stick around!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I thought students were supposed to ask the questions?

No offense. It don't bother me, but I can see how it annoys some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The socratic method teaches by asking instead of telling. Its also what is used at most law schools, although much more brutally...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It's an internet forum. What the hell else is there other than to debate and argue about shite? Post away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I like the eggs spam spam bacon and spam.

Although the spam spam SPAM and spam is quite nice.

Oh sorry, this had nothing to do with spam.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (svmango)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svmango »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the eggs spam spam bacon and spam.

Although the spam spam SPAM and spam is quite nice.

Oh sorry, this had nothing to do with spam.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

was any
injured during the making of your post?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It's just that the majority of the people here are knowledgeable and the questions are better for new riders. We have lots of crusty old veteran riders 'round these parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Keep it up! If I don't like a thread I move to the next. I've learned a lot from everyone here and I've asked my fair share of extremely stupid questions. Jason from Section 8 has been fantastic answering my Duc questions and LDH, Weseal and Tai for Honda.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (04749s)

Since everyone else all of a sudden feels like kissing Stuman's butt, here's my take:

I don't mind that you START these topics, because most of the time the material is thought-provoking, and can lead to some lively discussion.

HOWEVER...

The thing that pisses me off is that you post them, and then LEAVE. If you want to start a discussion, the least you could do is stick around and actually participate in it! If you have the gumption to come up with the subject matter, let's hear YOUR point of view on it. Surely, as a PROFESSIONAL RIDING INSTRUCTOR, you must have some valuable input regarding these topics, right???

Well, let us in on the secret!

Your typical "drive-by" method reminds me of those late-night infomercials that promise life-changing breakthroughs, but instead of actually telling us anything, you have to order 4,000 cassette tapes and 10 books to find out.

If I were a law student, or any other kind of student for that matter, and all the instructor did was come into class, ask 10 questions, and then leave for the day, I'd be pretty miffed.

As you said, you're not here promoting your "school", so why not share your knowledge and experience?

[EDIT: Okay, scrolling down the list, I see you actually started to take this to heart in the "good technique" thread. Nice start. Feels good, doesn't it?
]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (desmodork)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desmodork »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah! What Scott said!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto dat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since everyone else all of a sudden feels like kissing Stuman's butt, here's my take:

I don't mind that you START these topics, because most of the time the material is thought-provoking, and can lead to some lively discussion.

HOWEVER...

The thing that pisses me off is that you post them, and then LEAVE. If you want to start a discussion, the least you could do is stick around and actually participate in it! If you have the gumption to come up with the subject matter, let's hear YOUR point of view on it. Surely, as a PROFESSIONAL RIDING INSTRUCTOR, you must have some valuable input regarding these topics, right???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Keep it up, your post usually lead to some good discussions
The discussion on form turned out to be a really informative one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Questions??????????????????????? (Tifosi)

I kind of echo Scott's feelings. You post this stuff in the guise of someone who is asking an "honest" question. You do it anonymously for all intents and purposes. Then you're gone.

One time I spent 5 or 10 minutes thinking about one of your questions, then typing an honest response. I was trying to help. When I found out that you were a riding instructor who was just conducting some sort of experiment... I was pissed!

To pose questions on one of thse forums in the guise of a fellow rider who truly needs assistance to get better is dishonest and comes off as smug from a professional.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts