Speedzilla Forums banner

Questions for 999 owners who had a 996.

845 views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
How does the 999 compare to the 996 in terms of acceleration, braking, handling/feedback, and ergonomics? I just got bitten with the Ducati bug again. This is going to be expensive.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Re: Questions for 999 owners who had a 996. (Allan Gibbs)

I had both a 748 and the 999 for about a year. I can't comment on power but:

Brakes - way better (and I had SS lines, cast iron rotors and HH pads on my 748)

handling - way better (the 748 had Dymags and rear ohlins, very well dialed in)

Ergonomics - better, less pressure on your wrists in traffic, but it is still a superbike.

I ended up selling the 748 because I just didn't ride it. The 999 was that much better. The looks are subjective but I did notice something interesting. When i had the bikes side by side (both yellow) Ducati people always preferred the look of the 748. Non-ducati people seemed to like the 999 better. Maybe something to be said for "fresh eyes"?

Hope this helps...

Aaron

G
#4 ·
Thanks. That does help. I noticed the riding position was more racey than my R1.

But the real funny thing is, if I still had my MV, I'd be comment on how much more comfortable the 999 is. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.