Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Shoei RF-900 that pressed into my forehead so much that after about an hour, I HAD to take it off because the itching/burning sensation was intolerable. Now I have a KBC Racer1 and a KBC VR1 and no such issues. I actually think these are great helmets, especially for the $$, but all my rich friends make fun of me, and I'm sensitive.
What does this mean in terms of what kind of "head" I have? If I want to move "up" in quality (?) and bling (!), would the Arai be a better fit for me? Goes to that round vs. oval thing...any help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Question (while we're talking about it) regarding head shape ... (DesmoBob)

First, go and try on all three Arai helmets if you can, to see if you are a Signet head (long oval), Quantum head (round oval), or Astral head (sort of in between).

That wil give you a good idea of your head shape. For instance, I have the "long oval" shaped head, and I can only wear a Signet. I can kind of get away with wearing an RX-7 Corsair. Though it's based on the Quantum shell, it seems to be a little more forgiving with the padding and stuff (but it still presses against my face too much).

The only other helmet I've tried on that actually felt good on my head was the Japanese OGK, which they're only now bringing into the U.S.

So if you're a "long oval", I feel sorry for you, because you can forget wearing any Shoei, AGV, or Suomy. But that's what's nice about Arai: They have a helmet for everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts