Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to all you Ducati owners living across the Pond.
How is spare parts situation and new models delivery at the moment in the US?
I am asking because the situation here in the home of Ducati itself is not good.
Official dealers have problems getting their hands on brand new 2010 bikes (particularly the new Multistrada 1200) and genuine spare parts are becoming harder to come by with back order lists stretching back months.
Ducati has offered no explanation.
Since I am curious by nature I'd like to know if the problem is just local is more widespread.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Actually not bad. Dealers have bikes but depending on where you live that might be one to show and one to go. As for parts you need to have them order by now if you want them for the riding season. Order anything else you'll be waiting. It's kind of accepted here.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
The general sentiment on most of the forums is that parts availability was relatively poor this winter. It seems to be easing up now though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just canceled an order for a head gasket set that has been back ordered for 2 months, and my replacement 1098 tank took 5 months!!!!! It is getting better, but still slow.
As for bikes...No problem there. My local dealers have at least 1 of each model (they even have a 0 mile 2000 996! but they still want what it cost new in 2000!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
2,737 Posts
A few years ago Ducati SA changed their enterprise software to SAP.
As with any bizware there numerous glitches trying to integrate previous data into the new dbase and allow good inter department communcation. Each department of a company has unique requirements as to what they need/want/expect from an integrated system. Accounting, sales, engineering, compliance, scheduling, manufacturing, service, parts all have to be slowly merged into the new system one at a time.

Parts has/had some real difficulty getting the system to work which essentially brought them to their needs. At least they implemented it in late fall when the demand season is minimal for the northern hemisphere. Knowing the bizware biz, I'll mention that the provider likely did some development work off of another customers part system software then said "no problem, we'll have it up and tested within a month". Retro speculating, it seems the beta version was a bust.

They are just now getting things working and naturally will satisfy the supply chain of their biggest market, North America first.

I'd say by July it will all be in order. *Just in time for their August shutdown.*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, if that is the issue behind it all it doesn't say much for the original implementation partner and the current one (TCS - Tata Consultancy Services) if they can't even get spare parts out the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts