Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of you do your own maintenance. How do you document that to show to a prospective buyer down the line? I have a 748 that is due for it's 12k mile service. I have a friend that has a very good friend do all his maintenance on his 748. This guy is top notch. Rides a 996 and has invested in all the Ducati factory tools including the belt tensioner. He has a great reputation in regards to wrenching in the area. I know that he could save me a lot of money. But my other thought is maybe taking it to a shop, in my case AMS, to do the work and get the documentation. I am the second owner and do not have docs on the 6k although I know the shop that the work was done at and the owner pretty well so I feel fairly certain that it was done. He just could not find his receipt although presented a canceled check to the tune of around $700 which seemed about right.

Thanks!

Mark

PS: BTW, Happy Father's day to all you dads out there!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It may be overkill, but when I bought my SS off my friend he had it taken into a shop. At the shop (Hammy Boys), Peter, the manager and mechanic, owns an SS himself so the bike was disassembled and inspected to show that it was still in good running condition.

If you do your maintenance regularly, on time, and well, the product of a superb running bike should be satisfactory if not better. It shows that you're picky and won't let anybody else, such as a random dealership mechanic, even touch your bike despite whatever qualifications they have.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question for you diy's (MGN54)

photos, parts receipts, and notes in a logbook. Write down what you did, what spec you set this and that at, etc., it would be too much trouble to fake something like that, so I'd take that from the buyer as proof

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a form I made. I use it for each and everything I do to any of our bikes, it has miles, VIN, Make and model as well as the service performed on it. I also save receipts most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts