Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain to me why the sprocket is not rigidly bolted to the rear wheel. i.e. What's the purpose of the Cush Drive? Why the rubber groumets?

Seem's to me that you'd loose feel for what's happening under you arse. But, I know it's there for a purpose, I just don't understand what it is "vibration???", from where? Why isn't it on the front??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Question Concerning the CUSH Drive (Gilbertl)

Cush.... short for cushion. It protects the drive train kinda’ like a little shock absorber.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question Concerning the CUSH Drive (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cush.... short for cushion. It protects the drive train kinda’ like a little shock absorber. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, but to be more specific it's there for the trans output bearing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Question Concerning the CUSH Drive (section8superbike)

So it's there to keep you from frying the tany output shaft bearings, thanks guys.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I'm changing my rear sproket (no quick change carrier or anything) do I need one? Does it come with sprokets? How much?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (galaxy)

Mr. Galaxy,

Head over to http://www.ducati.ms. There's an article in the "Hall of Wisdom" on how to change your rear sprocket out - includes pictures. It'll answer your questions.

In short - you transfer the cush drives to the new sprocket. Make sure your sprocket has a feature to keep the cush drives from backing out.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (erik996)

Who's that dude at the end with a funny name. Sound's kinda familiar.

Oh, and I'll have you know, I put grease on the outside of the rubber groumets to protect/preserve the rubber. Ha Hahh! yea, I knew that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts