Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this has been asked before, but I'm looking for opinions about the best tires to use for trackdays for my KDX 220. I'm running stock wheels (21"/18") and currently have a matching set of Avon Distanzia's on there. Is there a better combination I should try?

These tires will be on the track only, as the bike isn't street legal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Question again about Sportsman class tires (Gerg)

Sorry, it just reminded me of something some ******* said one time when I was at a hare scrambles. He was helping to promote the race, and my buddy asked him what compound tire worked best for the course, and the guy being completely serious said "Well, I'd have to say knobbies!" We just lost it, and it's still an ongoing joke, but since you weren't there I guess you didn't find it quite as funny as I did

Anyway, Hothead (wherever you are) had a friend that put some sport moto tires on his CRF 250 that looked really nice. They basically looked like dirt track tires mounted to standard rims, but even the front was really wide so it stuck really well for being a 21 incher. Banda, do you remember what those were?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Question again about Sportsman class tires (chriscap)

I ran an Avon AM21 front on the KX, but I fell down alot so I'm not that's good advice(maybe it was just me?). For the rear I spooned a 150/70/18 AM23 Sprint compound on the back of my DR way back when. Made it nice and round on that skinny little rim. Even with almost 40hp on tap (remember this was a 500 pound DR350), I couldn't get that thing to slide out under power.

For what it's worth, Distanzas seem to be a decent tire too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Question again about Sportsman class tires (Lobster)

last year i ran an avon am23 rear and a michelin sirac front on my drz 400 in the sportsman class. They worked pretty well I thought. I got a crf this year, so I went from an 18 to a 19inch rear. I have the same tire on the front but put a continental dirt track tire on the back. i cant wait to wear them out because I really want to try the maxis supermoto specific sportsman tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts