Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish to clean my RC. The directions on the can say for use on chrome and unpainted surfaces only??? What's up with that? The guy at the dealer said they just recently changed the label and that it is the same stuff. Did I buy the wrong cleaner? Did they change it? My brother said he uses it on his RC and the guy I bought my bike from said he used it.

Any help/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan

·
Registered
329 Posts
It took me 2 years and a free can for me to try it ,and man let just say "HOT Damn" that stuff is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took off chain grease with ease along with a few other unwanted marks...iz good.:clapper :clapper :clapper

·
Registered
338 Posts
my guess is this is a result from some issues they've had - i was reading 1000rr.net and they were having issues with the Honda Polish removing paint on the repsol rep wheels. i've used the stuff for several years now and only heard of one incident similar, but apparently its becoming more common. i might just switch to a different spray polish b/c its too convenient.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i was at the local dealership and the parts guys said that the honda polish is no longer legal to sell in the state of california. i couldnt believe it, i use that stuff on everything. any validity to this???

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HRCsp2 said:
i was at the local dealership and the parts guys said that the honda polish is no longer legal to sell in the state of california. i couldnt believe it, i use that stuff on everything. any validity to this???
Well, the can has a label stuck on it stating:

NOTE: This product is not intended for sale or use in the following Volatile Organic Compound restrictive states: CA, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA and DC, and in the states of CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VA and VT at the time of their effective date of regulation.

So, I'm guessing...yes.

BTW, thanks for the replys everyone!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As long as it says spray polish it is probably the same thing. I used to hate it because it tends to leave a film on paint surfaces. Now, I can't get enough of the stuff. After a long ride the front of the bike is caked with bugs. I just coat the areas full of bugs with Honda polish and let it sit for a minute. The bigs and grime come right off, no problem. After a trackday, the rims get all the nasty rubber and brake dust all over them. Again, coat the rims, let it sit, and when you are done wiping the film off they look new. You can hit any surface with spray polish, that is what makes it so nice.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
phoenixz said:
Well, the can has a label stuck on it stating:

NOTE: This product is not intended for sale or use in the following Volatile Organic Compound restrictive states: CA, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA and DC, and in the states of CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VA and VT at the time of their effective date of regulation.

So, I'm guessing...yes.

BTW, thanks for the replys everyone!
Yes, the Honda polish as we all know it is no longer for sale on the East Coast. Gotta order a few cases from out of state. Nothing like some good bootlegged Honda polish.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
HOLY SHIT........HONDA WAX IS MADE BY POLOCKS?

Oh......polish............NOT Polish.............whew...........:D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
HRCsp2 said:
BTW the NJ dealers can't get it anymore either. I stocked up on a few cans and will have to smuggle it in when these are done. Damn EPA!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ive tried the Spectro spray cleaner the parts guys at the dealer said was the same stuff, made by Honda but repackaged with the Spectro label.....BS. Nothing else is Honda Polish.....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I am a Honda polish fan but I have heard Silkolene has a competitive product that is even better. When they get rid of one option, there are always others. Just give the shops a week or so and they will have a decent replacement product:)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
honda polish works great....just keep it away from aftermarket decals if you have any....i used it for a while and had to replace a decal. other than that you cant beat it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.