Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the first WSBK round, thank god for DVR, 2pm Tuesday SPEED showing is a f#%king joke.

Couple of thoughts/questions:

1) The field looks very level this year. Glad to see that, a lot of killer battles to come for sure.

2) Whats up with Suzuki team? I know Suzukis are on the top in AMA, but to just come out like this in WSBK and lead the first round? Wow .... am i the only one who's suprised to see that?

3) Think Mladin might finally move to WSBK if Suzis take WSBK champioship this year?

4) Is Ben Bostrom the new Chili with his endles bad luck?

5) What happens to the red and yellow? If you remember '04 and '03, most bikes were red and yellow. This year, except factory Ducati and suzuki, all bikea are white/blue/grey. None are red of yellow. Entire race looks so incredibly pale color wise .. where's all the high contrast paint schemes like in MotoGP?

6) I hope Vermulen being sick is a real reason for his poor performance, I thought he'd be on top this year for sure.

7) Perhaps the control tire is not such a bad idea after all. Maybe they should add that to AMA and British SBK. I'd leave MotoGP where it is, MotoGP being really most $ most tech kinda of show.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think Corser will win th whole thing once he fully gels with the Gixxer.
I think Ducati will contend again, but this time thre is way too much HP out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (drsus)

I have to admit that I am surprised at Corser. He has been virtually non-existent for a couple of years. I wish him luck.
He isn't the rider I am pulling for, but he is on the bike I am pulling for.

1- Yeah - it is good to see the majority of mfgr's back on the field.

2- I was surprised, but it was only one round.

3- I think not. I don't think ANYONE wants to work with him, which is a shame considering how much everyone flaunts their own version of professionalism. I consider him to be a narrow focus single minded professional. He will speak his mind and there is too much politics on the world stage for that.

4- I can't believe the guy has a job. seriously

5 - I had a very hard time identifying the riders. I could only differentiate the bikes by the exhaust profiles for the first few laps. (too many wide angle shots during the coverage.- The British rounds ALWAYS have the best camera work)

6- Yeah - V is earning his ride, I would like to see him succeed

7 - yeah I think so too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Qatar thoughts (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just watched the first WSBK round, thank god for DVR, 2pm Tuesday SPEED showing is a f#%king joke.

Couple of thoughts/questions:

1) The field looks very level this year. Glad to see that, a lot of killer battles to come for sure.
Yip, heres hoping!!
2) Whats up with Suzuki team? I know Suzukis are on the top in AMA, but to just come out like this in WSBK and lead the first round? Wow .... am i the only one who's suprised to see that?
Maybe, don't forget Alstare did a season with the GSXR1K with Gregoio Lavilla and Yukio has been racing a similia bike in BSB last year

3) Think Mladin might finally move to WSBK if Suzis take WSBK champioship this year?
No, why would he? He's more likely to move if he wins AMA again and Suzuki don't win WSBK, but he won't move
4) Is Ben Bostrom the new Chili with his endles bad luck?
No, Chilli still has his own bad luck, see race 1
5) What happens to the red and yellow? If you remember '04 and '03, most bikes were red and yellow. This year, except factory Ducati and suzuki, all bikea are white/blue/grey. None are red of yellow. Entire race looks so incredibly pale color wise .. where's all the high contrast paint schemes like in MotoGP?
They're coming, Bostrom's bike is red, but whats with yellow Kawasakis? Walker and Bussei? Surely the green ones are faster

6) I hope Vermulen being sick is a real reason for his poor performance, I thought he'd be on top this year for sure.
He'll be there once they get bike sorted, he looked good in race 2
7) Perhaps the control tire is not such a bad idea after all. Maybe they should add that to AMA and British SBK. I'd leave MotoGP where it is, MotoGP being really most $ most tech kinda of show.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yip, tires are good move, however notice the traction control? Hardly saw anyone sliding did you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i saw you post that first time in another thread, i thought you were kidding.

Did they really add traction control to the bikes or are you just joking?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read Toye's article in RRW when he test rode Duhamel's Superbike. He hinted very strongly that they have some form of traction control, and if the AMA has it you know the WSBK boys have something even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts