Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Putnam Park (theman1990)

I won't be, but I do have a couple questions if you have ridden it before. Putnam is the closest track to me, about 3hrs away. I have never ridden a track before. Are trackdays usually pretty full? If I were going to do it, I'd rather take a class than do an open day so I won't have to correct as many mistakes. Don't have the money right now, but would like to try it in the future. I'm sure the RC would be a handful for a newbie on the track, but I'd have to "run what I brung."

All the guys around here are straight line riders, so I don't have anybody to learn from. 1.5" + strips on the tires are normal. My main riding buddy is a pretty good rider, although he is a cruiser + chopper guy. Last time we rode the twisties he scraped his pegs 4-5 times on the Marauder, once so hard it knocked his foot off. Have to give him props for riding that Suzuki to it's limits
He wants a sportbike bad after seeing and hearing my RC, if he gets one someday, count 2 more riders in for Putnam Park.

Good luck on the track!

PS- One more question. This might sound stupid, but can the public go to the track just to watch? I've never even been to the track, but a couple of my friends would be interested in going also, just to see what it's about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never been there, but I'll try to answer the ? for ya when I get back. Most places let spectators in, though sometimes it costs 5-10$.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (theman1990)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theman1990 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never been there, but I'll try to answer the ? for ya when I get back. Most places let spectators in, though sometimes it costs 5-10$.</TD></TR></TABLE> spectators are welcome,usually for a small fee,id recommend you going to watch if your interested in riding a track day,lots to see and lots to learn! get there early,about 7:30,volunteer to be a corner worker(id pick turn 4,its got the best view!)you'll be paired up with another person and instructed on what to do.usually the are in dire need for corner workers so you shouldn't have any problem getting a spot,this way you'll see first hand what its like up close. they'll usually have 3 classes,school group(slow)hot shoes(semi fast)racers(fast)track time usually last from 9am(hour break for lunch at 12)with 20 min sessions for each group,till 5pm.enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts