Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh damn, my bike exploded

Decided to strip the new XR-R before I rode it.

I will never again ride a new bike without tearing it apart first. I kept reading

the too little grease advice from peeps, but have never seen a picture

showing how bad it is. Well here it is, BRAND NEW lower steering head

bearing, straight from the factory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Public service announcement (AtomTan)

Man, that really chaps my ass. Are you planning to contact Honda?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Public service announcement (AtomTan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomTan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude is that MY socket?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, but those are your feeler gauges!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Public service announcement (MNwilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MNwilly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, that really chaps my ass. Are you planning to contact Honda?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, gonna grease it and go, I posted this cause I think all new bikes are pretty

much this way. Just somethin to deal with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Public service announcement (svmango)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svmango »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nope, but those are your feeler gauges!

</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomTan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude is that MY socket?</TD></TR></TABLE>
hey .. there's my Craftsman breaker bar and my plumb hammer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Public service announcement (04749s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 04749s »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hey .. there's my Craftsman breaker bar and my plumb hammer
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just so you know, the only time it was in play, the butt of the hammer (wood) was used to tap out

the swingarm axle. Thanks, now I feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MY DRZ had no grease in the steering neck area. Valves were set on the tight end of spec. Carb was so lean the thing wheezed and sucked like pulling air through a straw. I plan on removing the swingarm and linkage soon as I am sure they have no grease either.

Rules to live by on a dual sport or dirtbike, take it apart when you get it home it'll last alot longer that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts