Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Proton Ktm (Giannis)

Be bloody good wouldnt it? Shane Shakey Byrnes is racing it, hope he goes well!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Proton Ktm (kiwigav)

I'm hearing this bike is good, and I mean good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I would love to see this team, and everyone connected with it, do well this year. They have poured their heart and soul into going up against the "big guys" year after year. How cool would it be if they could get a top 5 finish this year (maybe even better)!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Proton Ktm (998R)

There rumours do the round already the proton Kr-team in Assen the
notorious KTM V4-blok in reception will have taken. KTM and proton talk already longer with each other concerning a
possible cooperation in the MotoGP. KTM developed V4 a block-system with a view to MotoGP - project. That project would be never fully developed because of ` too
expensive, and the engine block-system gathered since then substance in the work
shops of the Austrian manufacturer, already developed. Kenny Roberts Sr., teamchef and large bezieler behind the proton KR team, this season started with large ambitions to the season, but their MotoGP - engine vomits hardly more hp's from than average
hypersport engine at this moment. Of course not enough to have the lowest impact also but in the world
of the MotoGP, where the capacities must lie somewhere between 200 and the 250 hp. Kenny Roberts appaesed KTM thus nearly immediately once he air got of
the unused engine block-system. The chassis which use his team would belong to the absolute top, but it V5-blok that now uses the team seems dead born. There an agreement have been now therefore reached, where KTM in Assen the proton would have handed over team a
block-system so that Roberts and his team could test the little matter
in their British homebase. Leave standing that we soon retrieve a proton in the first ranks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Proton Ktm (998R)

I would love to see the Proton/KTM team achieve success with Byrne this season. It really would be great for the sport. They must be a little behind the testing and development eight ball (yet again) with the delay in getting funding for this year's campaign. At Valencia today with a limited number of laps due to a small crash and fire that prematurely ended Shakey's day, Byrne was about a half second slower than Pedrosa's 250 smoker who had the benefit of running more than twice as many laps.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them to do well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interesting how they have a british rider!!i heard bbc or some english company is a sponsor.and its coz of politics hes riding it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (simonkobe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simonkobe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">interesting how they have a british rider!!i heard bbc or some english company is a sponsor.and its coz of politics hes riding it</TD></TR></TABLE>
The MotoGP rights owners are trying very hard to cultivate a larger British audience. So they are helping any British rider get a MotoGP ride. They prefered the younger Shakey to the elder McWilliams for this ride.

I don't expect them to be a championship level team, like some on the internet, because I am a realist. They didn't finish this deal until late, they have a new package, exisiting frame tech but new motor. And a new rider to get used to. It isn't going to happen overnight. Some people on the internet need to give this team some time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The MotoGP rights owners are trying very hard to cultivate a larger British audience. So they are helping any British rider get a MotoGP ride. They prefered the younger Shakey to the elder McWilliams for this ride.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spot on stk0308

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They always said that King Kenny's bike could handle but it had a sh*tty motor way down on power. Take KTM's engine that rocks and drop it into a frame that works it's going to be a interesting season. I like the colors and I hope to see them running up front.

Does anyone know if this motor is a screamer or a big bang?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.