Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm tired of the Tractor signal lights and like the protons. Who has the best price and service on getting a set? :D HOOVY

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I think I got mine from kneedraggers with a coupon code, but that was a while back.

If you go to TheFind - Shopped & Found and search, you can usually find good deals. They are usually about $90

If you really want to dig deep, I think that our model also fits another Honda bike, find out which one from the proton site and search for that.

Here are some for $80: PROTON FLUSHMOUNT TURN SIGNALS

Don't know about shipping though?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This Site Rocks !

Got the Hugger on the way Maverick and I even got a dash cover too. Yeah I hear you guys talk a bunch about Scott but his web site is dead and I have no Idea how to order from him. If you get me a way to get a price and hook up I'll gladly give him a shot. I'm all about supporting people. My wife has her own business and store so I know what it's all about.
Thanks also Miller for the links cycle sector is a new one on me.
Like I said this site rocks!! :notworthy HOOVY

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Got the Hugger on the way Maverick and I even got a dash cover too. Yeah I hear you guys talk a bunch about Scott but his web site is dead and I have no Idea how to order from him. If you get me a way to get a price and hook up I'll gladly give him a shot. I'm all about supporting people. My wife has her own business and store so I know what it's all about.
Thanks also Miller for the links cycle sector is a new one on me.
Like I said this site rocks!! :notworthy HOOVY

;) Here you go HOOVY,

Scotts Motorcycle Service - servicing all sportbikes, best parts on the net - Home <This just worked for me... And you can PM him although he is faster via e-mail... atleast he was before his web-site getting screwed.

I Hope this Helps, Great news about the hugger... looking forward to your reply when she arrives.:rockon

Peace Jeff

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Shoot Scott a pm or email him. His user name is cbr400rr, I think his email address is on his profile. Oh, and I think his site was back up so you might be able to find a phone number.

Oh, and that site was just the cheapest from a search, I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I upgraded my Greggs to Protons two days ago, so I thought I'd add my opinion on them for future readers. I got mine from Indy Superbikes for $79.

First and foremost they are indeed as bright as everyone claims they are! I temporarily blinded myself and then did the same to my wife when I asked her to tell me which flashing mode she liked the most. No joke when you look at them dead-on.

The fit could be a little better. The beveled back edge which fits into the opening in the fairing isn't perfectly sized to fit the opening. The overall light isn't big enough to overlap the opening on the outside of the fairing so I found that no matter where I positioned them that there were tiny gaps between the light and the fairing. That sucks. The Greggs had the same problem, but because their exterior bevel overlaps the fairing opening by like an 1/8" you don't have this problem. To help keep dirt and water out I put a tiny bead of silicon around the edge of the light on the inside of the fairing before I put it all back together.

The fastener is just a single large washer and a nylock nut. I added some blue Loctite as well knowing how much shit vibrates on this bike. I didn't trust a single nylock nut to stay put, especially when you can't crank the piss out of it to tighten it down (or you'll bury the washer into the fairing). Here the Greggs kind of beat it again where they used three small allen hex bolts and washers that you tighten into the light.

Every other category the Proton's win over the Gregg's, though. The wiring in generous, a smaller gauge than the Gregg's (easier to work with), and you can configure these to light up pretty much however you want! I only attached the ground and orange wire for the normal flash. My second pick would have been the fade effect. The strobe blinks too fast, in my opinion, and I think it would be less noticable. I wanted the light to be on longer so that's why I stuck with the normal mode. I did leave the other wires in place but shrink tubed so if I ever change my mind later I can't easily change the flash modes.

Here's two easy compare pics between the Greggs (crap brightness) and the Protons:

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wish I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to get them installed and get the bike on the road for the first time this weekend. I would have snapped a few pics of the fitment. It was a small price to pay dealing with that, but they're worth it I think.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I upgraded my Greggs to Protons two days ago, so I thought I'd add my opinion on them for future readers. I got mine from Indy Superbikes for $79.

First and foremost they are indeed as bright as everyone claims they are! I temporarily blinded myself and then did the same to my wife when I asked her to tell me which flashing mode she liked the most. No joke when you look at them dead-on.

The fit could be a little better. The beveled back edge which fits into the opening in the fairing isn't perfectly sized to fit the opening. The overall light isn't big enough to overlap the opening on the outside of the fairing so I found that no matter where I positioned them that there were tiny gaps between the light and the fairing. That sucks. The Greggs had the same problem, but because their exterior bevel overlaps the fairing opening by like an 1/8" you don't have this problem. To help keep dirt and water out I put a tiny bead of silicon around the edge of the light on the inside of the fairing before I put it all back together.

The fastener is just a single large washer and a nylock nut. I added some blue Loctite as well knowing how much shit vibrates on this bike. I didn't trust a single nylock nut to stay put, especially when you can't crank the piss out of it to tighten it down (or you'll bury the washer into the fairing). Here the Greggs kind of beat it again where they used three small allen hex bolts and washers that you tighten into the light.

Every other category the Proton's win over the Gregg's, though. The wiring in generous, a smaller gauge than the Gregg's (easier to work with), and you can configure these to light up pretty much however you want! I only attached the ground and orange wire for the normal flash. My second pick would have been the fade effect. The strobe blinks too fast, in my opinion, and I think it would be less noticable. I wanted the light to be on longer so that's why I stuck with the normal mode. I did leave the other wires in place but shrink tubed so if I ever change my mind later I can't easily change the flash modes.

Here's two easy compare pics between the Greggs (crap brightness) and the Protons:
The fit was dead on with mine.

You should try and swap them side to side. I think that the cutouts on the fairings are actually side specific. They are very, very close though, and look to be the same but are actually mirrored from eachother. At least that is what I remember from when I put mine on a while ago.

And yes, they are bright as shit! Worth every penny in my opinion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I did try swapping sides but didn't find much difference, but maybe I was in a hurry and didn't give it much effort. If I get the ambition next time I pull the upper cowl off I'll flip them once and see if they fit any differently. Thanks for the tip!

·
calculating status...
1,668 Posts
What is also really nice about these is, there is 3 different Blinker rates\settings. You can set for normal OEM blinker tempo or 2 others!:rockon :clapper

I don't run any "blinkers" but I am curious what that's for. Do you mean they would wink at the normal rate even if you only have the fronts hooked up?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I don't run any "blinkers" but I am curious what that's for. Do you mean they would wink at the normal rate even if you only have the fronts hooked up?
He means that they have three settings: Regular blink, strobe of three quick flashes (for every normal blink) and a fade in and out.

They do have built in resistors, so they should work fine if you have rear lights hooked up. I have other led's in the rear, so mine still blink fast. :mad:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run full LED indicators and have no problems with speed of flashes - same as normal, as a result of fitting a replacement relay that is designed to cope with lower power usage LED's. Bought it from a store in Tokyo, but I'm sure it's widely available elsewhere.

Also, might be worth chiming in to say these are another option: I fitted Watsen Design front indicators to mine and have been very happy with the result. They're not really visible except when looking for them.

Takes a while to get and they're more expensive, being colour matched but the result's sweet. I wish they made another set for the tail section on my RC

Honda Micro Alloy LED Signals

·
Registered
204 Posts
The fade effect option of the Proton's is more like a short, fast blink followed by a longer blink before it pauses and does it all over again. It's not a true fade between on-off like you'd think of a fade effect.

I've got the piss-poor Hotbodies lights in the rear and they flash incredibly fast, but until I made my own new inserts with brighter LED's or find online replacements I'll deal with the ass-end the way it is for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts