Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Radiator

I've been thinking of doing the front radiator mod. Could you answer a couple of questions?
Where did you get your kit from?
Was it easy to fit?
Do you loose the V panel?
Do you need an expansion bottle?

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the kit fron Greg (vtwist). His website is www.kyaracing.com .

You can use the stock expansion bottle if you like. I will be using a Motion Pro bottle myself.

I am not sure about the V panel. It may have to be modded. I am going to mod my race fiberglass.

The kit fits pretty well. I am actually using the prototypes for his kit. I assume that the production kit fits well. I am using a different oil cooler than the one he sold me, as I have a different configuration.

Its good stuff, and Greg is a good guy.:rockon

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the front mount and they fit VERY WELL actually. Because I was leaning more towards stock - I use the stock overflow bottle, but I do use a smaller one zip-tied up front for track duty.

I kept the V-Fairing because I have stock fairing for street duties, it had to be modified (cut a bit) to fit with the front mount radiators.

All I can say is I LOVE THESE THINGS! It is a very rare occassion that my bike see temperatures close to 200 degrees... maybe that is why I got the ticket - damn bike and 205 MPH!:D

My kit is also from Greg (vtwist), great, great guy, and he has a newer larger oil cooler for the kits that will further drop your temperatures. Honestly, I think it is one modification that is well worth it.

Just my :twocents

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dude. Its starting to look like a bike again.

The conversion was fairly easy. I had to track down the spacers from Honda, and Cozzb made me a sleeve. I can get you the part numbers when you are ready. PM me.

The pipe is a ceramic coated Hindle. I am going to use Sato mufflers.:rockon

I am hoping to get in some dyno time by the end of Janurary.

·
Registered
561 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
wholey crap...you have a LOT of money tied up in those front brakes!! Nice ride...

Are you repairing your ride after tossing it or did you pick up a salvage?
Hey Dude - How / Where you been? Hope all is well with life and work, etc.

I guess a LOT of money is relative to each person, but the same brake set-up cost me about $800 plus some change.

·
Registered
561 Posts
eye-p said:
Thanks dude. Its starting to look like a bike again.

The conversion was fairly easy. I had to track down the spacers from Honda, and Cozzb made me a sleeve. I can get you the part numbers when you are ready. PM me.

The pipe is a ceramic coated Hindle. I am going to use Sato mufflers.:rockon

I am hoping to get in some dyno time by the end of Janurary.
Eye - I have ceramic coating all the way up to my mid-pipes on a Yosh system. Are you getting a Hindle Full System? Do they make it? Please let me know what you think once you have the exhaust system done, I am still wondering about mine to be honest.

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bro.

I just got around to building a bike. I bought this thing bone stock last June. There is alot more planned. I still havnt gotten around to the wheels etc...

SIZMTRZ said:
wholey crap...you have a LOT of money tied up in those front brakes!! Nice ride...

Are you repairing your ride after tossing it or did you pick up a salvage?

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a Hindle full system. I didnt coat the mid pipes. I may be changing from high mount to low mount. Im still not sure. I did just get some Sato mufflers, so next week I should know more.:rockon

I dont think the Hindle is any better than the Yosh to be honest. Especially with a stock motor, there will be little difference. Are you using the stock airbox on your bike? BTW, when is your surgery?

WIM-RC51 said:
Eye - I have ceramic coating all the way up to my mid-pipes on a Yosh system. Are you getting a Hindle Full System? Do they make it? Please let me know what you think once you have the exhaust system done, I am still wondering about mine to be honest.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Surgery is done - thanks for asking man. I go for follow-up today. Sucks to be immobilized I tell ya.

Will you be coating your headers? I coated mine all the way to the mid pipes because I met a guy who races Ducatis and he informed me that all his buddies loved the ceramic coating and that it helped significantly. It also looked cool to me :)

I am still using my stock air-box, with a Yoshimura ECM on the bike. I am desperate to find someone who knows how to tune this unit without having to go to Yoshimura.

eye-p said:
This is a Hindle full system. I didnt coat the mid pipes. I may be changing from high mount to low mount. Im still not sure. I did just get some Sato mufflers, so next week I should know more.:rockon

I dont think the Hindle is any better than the Yosh to be honest. Especially with a stock motor, there will be little difference. Are you using the stock airbox on your bike? BTW, when is your surgery?

·
Registered
561 Posts
mrgrn said:
what is wrong with your yosh Wim? have you treid a sato 11 map?

how much heat does the ceramic hold back>
Nothing wrong with the pipes at all. Just that I have only noticed a minor reduction in heat with the ceramic coating. Within 7 minutes or so of parking the bike, I can hold the headers and the mid-pipes with my bare hands - even after hard riding. I have not had a chance to measure it though to give specific numbers. I don't know if I can use ANY map on my darn bike - I have the Yoshimura ECM unit on it.

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good luck with the follow-up. Get those painkillers!:rockon

My header is already ceramic coated. I just got the Ti color option instead of silver. It should be good for 100degree surface temp reduction. I am not going to coat the midpipes until I figure out which configuration I will be using.

With your map, any shop with Tuning Link should be able to convert the EMS file format over to a .map. I think. (!)

WIM-RC51 said:
Surgery is done - thanks for asking man. I go for follow-up today. Sucks to be immobilized I tell ya.

Will you be coating your headers? I coated mine all the way to the mid pipes because I met a guy who races Ducatis and he informed me that all his buddies loved the ceramic coating and that it helped significantly. It also looked cool to me :)

I am still using my stock air-box, with a Yoshimura ECM on the bike. I am desperate to find someone who knows how to tune this unit without having to go to Yoshimura.

·
Reverse Bodylift of Death
989 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
Hey Dude - How / Where you been? Hope all is well with life and work, etc.

I guess a LOT of money is relative to each person, but the same brake set-up cost me about $800 plus some change.
Well, if they were near $800 I wouldn't have called that "alot", cause those look like Brembo monoblocks which are like $2500 and those ductile iron rotors are close to a grand also...so to me, $3500 is alot for brakes! LOL

I've been around...staying out of trouble! LOL

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The rotors were grip. The calipers are the OEM Ducati 999 Brembo's. they are about $200 each. Add in the Ti hardware, lines, M/C, etc and it starts to get pricey. Oh well.:eek:

SIZMTRZ said:
Well, if they were near $800 I wouldn't have called that "alot", cause those look like Brembo monoblocks which are like $2500 and those ductile iron rotors are close to a grand also...so to me, $3500 is alot for brakes! LOL

I've been around...staying out of trouble! LOL

1 - 20 of 271 Posts