Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Software for reading/editing eprom?

At the moment I have a PCIII on my bike to tweak the fuel, and it works just fine. However I would like to take the information from the PC map and make a new chip so I can get rid of the PC.

So I'm looking for a read/edit sort of software that can handle separate maps, does anybody know of such a software? I have got an Italian software called Eprom Creator but it seems like it doesn't handle separate maps. Anybody got a clue?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'd love to know what the man who wrote eprom creator was on, coz that's one hell of a wacky program. f#%ked if i can make it work.

there is one called ecuedit from wayne orwig, but it won't work on your p8 - it's only 1.6m afaik.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where the maps are on the P8 chip, ignition, rear cylinder compensation and fuel.. but that's all i got so far.. I havn't found out breakpoints and scales of the tables yet.. (working on it, long term project..)

Dissasembly of the hex code has so far lead to nothing uf use.. lol

We need a p8 version of ecu edit.. Wayne.. please!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the other issue with taking the pc info is that the pc breakpoints won't translate that well in the low throttle at least to the weber breakpoints so you're probably in effect running fueling mods over multiple or bewteen breakpoints that would be impossible to reflect completely on a chip. so i'm not sure how you'd do that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A useful prog for finding maps are demo verision of "winols", but that's about all it can do in demo mode.. I have exported the maps parts to excel, edit the maps there (excel plugin to convert hex to decimal numbers and back are usefull..) from there to a hex editor, then burn a new chip.. i actually made one that works.. lol.. This is not he easy way.. and it's full of traps..

Fiddling with a PCIII is way faster.. hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts