Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pro-tek rear sets, I'm confuse as as the brake side. Looking at the stock rear set (brake side) I see that there are mounting brackets for specific like the spring and the brake tail light switch. I don't see these on the new Pro-tek rear sets.. am I missing something? please advise..

Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pro-tek Rear sets for 04 RC51 (barako927)

It looks like you need a pressure switch to replace the stock one. Check out rc51.org: mods - brake light switch.

Pinoy?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Pro-tek Rear sets for 04 RC51 (RicardoA)

just apply the front brake every time u brake and your brake light will come on, most aftermarket rear sets don't come with a place to mount for brake light switch, however the Gilles rear sets do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by barako927 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes PINOY...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hoy, I'm pinoy too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Pro-tek Rear sets for 04 RC51 (RicardoA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RicardoA »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kumusta kayo?

Anybody by Santa Clarita?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't speak/read illocano or tagalog very well but I'm doing good. Thanks

As a kid, I always could seem to understand my mom or dad cussing in filipino right before they beat me with the wallees(sp? filipino broom)

Sorry barako927, didn't mean to jack your thread

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I'm in the market for rearsets. How do you like your pro-teks?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Pro-tek Rear sets for 04 RC51 (rcebrnr)

No problem.. or should I say walang problema.. I'm originally from pampanga..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

it's okay I'm using only half right now. I found out you have to buy an option from the brake light..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by barako927 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No problem.. or should I say walang problema.. I'm originally from pampanga..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Parents are from Bagau City
Cool.....

Nice to see some fellow islanders riding RC51's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my uncle had a similair problem with his tl1000r with his new rear sets the stock brake light sensor wouldn't work anymore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
umm not post related but since i seen some filipinos.. imma represent too! american born - mom from quezon city.. dad from cebu

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

One thing you have to be aware also when you buy the protek rear sets is you will need a longer brake cable..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts