Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im looking at buyin an RC 51, it is a 2001, with about 15000 miles, it has a PC3, scotts steering damper, micron carbon fiber exhaust and about 500 miles on the tires, i have yet to see the bike, but will soon hopefully, i believe it was nadaguides? or maybe kbb, blue booked it at between 4800-6000, assuming there are a few small scratches and that the bike has been stunted, and that i live in wisconsin, and winter is approaching... what do you think is a fair price?

·
Registered
48 Posts
youhitthatguy said:
hey, im looking at buyin an RC 51, it is a 2001, with about 15000 miles, it has a PC3, scotts steering damper, micron carbon fiber exhaust and about 500 miles on the tires, i have yet to see the bike, but will soon hopefully, i believe it was nadaguides? or maybe kbb, blue booked it at between 4800-6000, assuming there are a few small scratches and that the bike has been stunted, and that i live in wisconsin, and winter is approaching... what do you think is a fair price?
:banghead

Nothing, let this one go and find something that was taken care of.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I got my '01 for $7k from a private seller. It had little less than 2k miles, full akrap system, PCIIIr, K&N, kevlar brake lines. I'd look for less miles, cause you'll be adjusting the valves soon, and RC's hold their value too well to get one that's too used up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Wisconsin too, and I've seen better deals. I bought my 2001 RC last November for $5100. Had 2100 miles, Yosh carbon, PC, great tires, mint condition. And that was on Ebay! Heck, I'd sell it today for what I paid for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would never buy a stunted bike

I just bought a 2001 with 9000 miles for 5100 dollars

highmount exhaust, lights no big mod done

·
Registered
333 Posts
youhitthatguy said:
, assuming there are a few small scratches and that the bike has been stunted, and that i live in wisconsin, and winter is approaching... what do you think is a fair price?
You guys missed the assuming part.. So he basiclly found the mid to low value of the bike Assuming these things...

I have seen 01's go recently from 5k on one the was crashed at louden/repaired, to one with 10K on it in great condition for 6k. I would pay or expect anyone to buy my 01 in excellent shape with lots of extra's for more than $5500.:twocents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts