Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Redisfaster,

Save money in the bank for it. Put $500 or whatever you want to spend on a frame in the bank or get a CD earning interest. Every paycheck put more money in the bank, then when you have enough buy a put together bike as Alex says. Or bury the money in an old coffee can in the yard if you're scared of the wife getting her grubby mitts on it.

This is alot better than having an old frame sitting in your garage an tools everywhere while you gradually build the bike. You'll spend the whole riding season building the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: (grendels_arm)

I just got the bikes out of the basement. (wifes SV650S, My 900SS) rode them both to the gas station checked tires etc... I feel much better....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: (Redisfaster)

I've got a 748 in the "shed" that might be right up your alley. Runs good but lots of miles. Suspension is fresh, racetech springs/valves, GMD did forks and checked the frame. Rashed bodywork and 3 spoke wheels will get you in the game super cheap. Not sales pitch but the bike is becoming a rack for garden tools. 853 kit and some ebay bodywork and you can benefit from my money pit. By the way Alex is right, I've probably put $15,000 into it over 3 years. It was well worth every penny
$3000 and I won't tell you wife. BTW it has a clean title. Anybody else want it let me know.(redisfasters got first dibbs) Should probably move this to the classified section.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Here's a pic' You would not be getting the Mag rims or Carbon tank. I have three spoke wheels (5 spokes for a few $'s more) and a steel tank with very light damage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: (Dave B.)

what year is it, how many miles, how much more for the five spokers, and do you have any of the bodywork, or does it come just like it is? (different tank of course
)

Modified by Redisfaster at 7:45 AM 3/26/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

I've got some scraped up race plastic that you can have with it, pretty thin stuff with a few holes in it. Five spoke's would be an extra $500. (not magnesium). I have a left and right side in yellow from a 996 in decent shape that you can have for an extra $100. Also want to let you know that the bike is a 2000 748 without the adjustable rake. If your going to make a street bike out of it I have a headlight assembly around somewhere. Basically you can have all of my 748/916 stuff. I gave the extra levers,pegs and bars to a friend but anything else I find I'll through in. (I'm out of room, already have a bike in the livingroom)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Re: (Dave B.)

ok, I'm interested. that being said, I have to work on the wife a bit, I'll have to get her drunk
and ask her then. but I should be able to let you know one way or the other in a few days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Well, I lost the battle.
Looks like I'm gona have to keep looking for something cheaper to start with. Thanx for the offer. If anyone else has something between $500-$1500 or so to help me get into SBK land, drop me a line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Re: (gixracer)

ok, the "Boss" is saying not much over $500 to start with. If anyone could help w/ a frame, I think once I get started it will be harder for her to say no on future parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Give it up, I have enough spares to build 2-3 complete bikes an even at that i have 4-5 Grand in each one of our race bikes. If you have no parts an want to start with a bare frame you are going to spend way more time an money than just going out an buying a wrecked one an starting with that. If all you have is $500 for a frame...you are really in for the long haul on the rest of the stuff

good luck

BTW......Friend of mine has this for sale
http://www.racemotorcycles.com...76091

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.