Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be in F1, and GP2 spec open wheel racecars. Seeing MotoGP will be there later this year, some of you might be intrested. F1, and GP2 is awesome regardless IMO. Should be coverage on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Preview Of Turkey's New Track This Weekend.............. (roadkill)

Yeah... definitely seems to be slanted towards the F1 ranks.

What I find kind of odd is how this new track is somewhat "non European" with tighter, point-and-shoot corners... like American tracks.

Hopefully Nicky, Colin and Hopper will do well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Preview Of Turkey's New Track This Weekend.............. (SP8)

I just watched F1 qualifying and the track is actually pretty cool. At over three miles long, it's longer than I expected from looking at that track map on the F1 site. It's also very wide in most places so maybe we'll see a variety of different lines when the bikes are racing each other.

Turn 8 is pretty cool. The bikes will be on the left side forever through there. It's a fast left hander with four apexes. The F1 cars spend eight seconds turning left in that turn alone! I wonder how long the bikes will be leaned over through there? 10, 11, 12 seconds?

Then the high speed turn 11 kink looks like fun; the track designer says it was inspired by Eau Rouge at Spa. The last three turns seem kinda silly as they slow everything down and kinda ruin the flow of the track, but the braking zone into that area should provide a top passing spot.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but Scott Speed loved the track after his first day. I think he said it was his favorite track so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Preview Of Turkey's New Track This Weekend.............. (Baasinator)

I watched the practice, but missed qualifying. The track does look good. I wonder how the bikes will handle the paved run off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Preview Of Turkey's New Track This Weekend.............. (roadkill)

Many of the F1 driver's are praising the new circuit as are alot of the TV commentators & fans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts