Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Predictions for Pikes Peak AMA SBK (neddyseagoon748)

EBoz
Mladin
Hodgson

I wish. This is EBoz' track, but that might not be enough this year...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Predictions for Pikes Peak AMA SBK (Baasinator)

My Heart says:

Hodgson
Mladin
Bostrom

Mladin will then whine about a rear tire issue, thus not blaming his team, but an outside resource....

What is more likely:

Mladin
Hodgson
Spies/Yates

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Predictions for Pikes Peak AMA SBK (tricklidz1)

EBoz
Hodg
Zemke

I get $50.00 from each of you if it actually happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good Race, shame Yates lost it the way he did. He worked pretty hard to catch Bostrom only to loose it so close to the end.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Eboz

I duuno, for some reason I was laughing through the tears. What a great race.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCSTRIPES »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good Race, shame Yates lost it the way he did. He worked pretty hard to catch Bostrom only to loose it so close to the end.
Ken</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCSTRIPES »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good Race, shame Yates lost it the way he did. He worked pretty hard to catch Bostrom only to loose it so close to the end.
Ken</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, poor poor Aaron.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: (Dave)

I'm still in shock that Aaron Yates, of all people, was able to make a tire last a whole race when everyone else was having to pit for new ones...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So what's up with Eboz? He's been fairly dismal so far this year, and all of a sudden he's leading the whole race and finishing on top. He's got a history of winning at Pike's Peak, but does that just say he found the motivation he hasn't found elsewhere? Maybe Pike's Peak doesn't reward horsepower as much as at other tracks, but one could say the same thing about Sears Point where EBoz finished 7th (48 seconds back) and 10th (88 seconds back). He's been looking suspiciously like BBoz lately, riding hard and finishing well when he tries, but otherwise backing off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Predictions for Pikes Peak AMA SBK (neddyseagoon748)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neddyseagoon748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Place yer picks , ta</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. EBoz
2. Yates
3. Spies
4. Mladin

Do I win a prize?

Really, if I had predicted this BEFORE the race, you've had me certified!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Predictions for Pikes Peak AMA SBK (JeffKoch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffKoch »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what's up with Eboz? He's been fairly dismal so far this year, and all of a sudden he's leading the whole race and finishing on top. He's got a history of winning at Pike's Peak, but does that just say he found the motivation he hasn't found elsewhere? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Since they opened the Pike's Peak track some seven or eight years ago, the only riders that have won (or consistently do well there) have been guys with extensive dirt track experience. I could be wrong but besides EBoz, I think the only other racers who have won there are Chandler and Hayden. I don't remember Yates ever winning there but he's always been in the top 3 or 4 at the finish. The track is all lefts except for 2 or 3 corners.

I think Spies cracked that Bostrom would win even on a scooter at Pike's....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts