Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just mounted michelins power race H2 for a track day on sunday.

I have no heaters, so i will warm it up just driving slow on track. How do you know (of course without meassuring it) when the tyre is fully warm? Two laps or three is enough?

I have the impression this is a really cold tyre (50 miles in road use this morning), and i will not like to get any risk on the first laps. Any suggestion for this tyre?

Thnks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: power race temperature (alowishus)

The H2 is last years tire. It does not heat up quickly. The new Power Race are much different. I find the H2s to be slippery at a fast pace on the track. The back is ok, the front is not "Confidence Inspiring"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it was special offer. front and rear, 250 eur. For sure due it is last year tyres.

My initial feeling is that they are a bit unstable in straight and that "drop the bike" starting the corners. Slippery in front, right. May be I still don´t de-varnish it, may be due their tendence to drop the bike quickly. Dunno.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (alowishus)

The Michelin has a pointy profile. It turns in quickly, but is not as stable. The new Power Race tires hav a more rounded profile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts