Speedzilla Forums banner

power commander maps

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Rokynn 
#1 ·
Hi there
does anyone have any power commander usb maps (Dan Kyle if possible) for my UK spec Honda SP1
I have removed the flapper valve and pairs system in full, and have a thorsten air box fitted also a full Akapovic titainium race system fitted.I use 97 octane fuel all the time and the bike is used mainly on the track
Not many SP1/RC51 tuners over here in the UK and Dan kyle parts and maps seem to be the best available (So sp2 pilot says):rockon

Thanks

JONTY

#4 ·
ajonty said:
Hi there
does anyone have any power commander usb maps (Dan Kyle if possible) for my UK spec Honda SP1
I have removed the flapper valve and pairs system in full, and have a thorsten air box fitted also a full Akapovic titainium race system fitted.I use 97 octane fuel all the time and the bike is used mainly on the track
Not many SP1/RC51 tuners over here in the UK and Dan kyle parts and maps seem to be the best available (So sp2 pilot says):rockon

Thanks

JONTY
I am afraid the Euro ECU will not be compatable with the North American Maps I have.

I do like your bike. Kinda reminds me of mine;)

#6 ·
North American maps versus Euro maps

Hi,

I haven't myself been able to figure out the exact difference between North American ECUs and Euro ECUs. I took a closer look into both type of maps a while ago and it seems that there is no generic difference between them. At least my bike (Euro SP1/-01) seems to accept both types of maps without trouble. Actually, at the moment I am using a map derived from a Yoshimura EMS map. Seems that the EMS systems uses Powercommander compatible technology ? Is there someone who can verify this ?

More story about these issues in my web-site, scroll down to September 2005 and August 2005 sections.

The North America ECUs have a soft rev limiter, but in most of the maps there is no significant fuel trimming done above 8500 rpm or so. The important trims seem to be in the lower rpm regions.

br, JuhaV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.