·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice pics dude..

More trackdays pics..pls.......

·
Registered
119 Posts
SP2 ...Akrapov,GPR,Galfer discs,Ohlins shock,Hord fork solution,Attack rear sets,BST wheels,Total loss ignition,PCom,Braided lines,520 kit 16/41/42...home made quick shifter...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks. Considering how wet the last few months have been, to get fri/sat out of a three day event was great. Temps were in the high 30's/low 40s. Fri we had sun and Sat it was overcast and colder. Grip was decent all things considered and only my fingers were numb by the end of a session. :woot: Shortening the winter layover was worth it! :rockon

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks. Considering how wet the last few months have been, to get fri/sat out of a three day event was great. Temps were in the high 30's/low 40s. Fri we had sun and Sat it was overcast and colder. Grip was decent all things considered and only my fingers were numb by the end of a session. :woot: Shortening the winter layover was worth it! :rockon

low 40s? Ouch!!! I did my last track day in October and I thought low 50s was pretty dicey. As long as it was worth it, that's all that matters:rockon

·
Registered
232 Posts
First trackday of the year. Stunning scenery too. Bathed in sun, ocean one side and mountains still covered in snow the other :rockon

·
Registered
179 Posts
As you may recall, my riding came to a sudden stop in September '06, when I was tired at the end of a long day, cut to the inside edge of the outside tire track in a right hander and hit the sand that my friend Zach had just slipped in and recovered and went off into the embankment at about 75 MPH, breaking my lovely Super Hawk in half and taking the same impact with my left shoulder. Chalk another one up for armored leathers! I have no lasting effect.

But it was 3 years before I had my RC51. I track-prepped it over the winter, got in a hurry with the final details and went off into the weeds with a stuck throttle, during the first session, last May.

Needless to say, I was a bit tense during the first couple of sessions at Thunderhill on Monday. Front end felt a bit vague during the second session. I added a couple clicks of compression damping and for the third session, it was a big improvement. I was getting in tune with what the bike was telling me and my cornering speeds were improving. t was a good progression throughout the day and it's great to be back in the saddle!

Here's a few photos:

all pictures courtesy of 4theriders.com

261 - 280 of 758 Posts