Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what my 88 hawk now looks like after my winter project. I did take some time and pieced it together over the weekend. Here are some pics.

The pipe is off cause I have not removed the center stand and mounted. Right now just fitted. I am thinking I might also cut a couple inches off the header pipe so the M4 sits back a further since I shorten the rear.

Still have a few wires to finish up behind the light and then bundle them all in a tube.

Close up of the rear lights.

The bracket I made to hold the light. (needs paint hence the rust)

I should be getting my rear shock today so I can get that on it. Then I will finish up the brakes and run the fuel lines.

I need it to warm up this week too so I can get the tank painted. It needs to be 70-75 for the paint to flash right. Right now it's in the 30's for the high but later this week it's gonna maybe get 50's or 60's.

Rob

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've always wondered how the hawk would look with a dual headlight setup. Are you going to use anything to cover up the rear, or just leave it exposed? I really like the tail light setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm leaving the rear like it is. I like the exposed look over plastic. I do have a carbon fiber monster seat cowl coming that will tighting up the back end some.

Plans are to have it out of the basement this weekend... took tomorrow off just to get it running...

:rockon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts